What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New and hating MacOS

celiapgt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I come from Linux world, where everything is free and open. I at first felt in jail with MacOS sys (I have an iPad). I hope these forum can teach me that I'm wrong.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I at first felt in jail...
I guess that is why they call circumventing the iOS on Apple mobile devices jail breaking!

Apple mobile devices are not personal computers where you can select your own operating system. Apple mobile devices are primarily "consumption devices", not replacements for a full-fledged computer, laptop or netbook. If you want to be in total control of every aspect of a device's operating system, file structure and method of software acquisition, then the iPad might not be the best choice for you.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have an iPad you don't have the Mac OS (which is pretty much the same as Linux underneath the shell).

The iPhone/iPad os is called iOS and is designed to be much simpler than a desktop Operating System.

You can't really be "wrong" if you don't like something. It's your opinion, not a "fact" that someone can dispute.

What specifically are you having problems with? There's probably someone here who can help is you need answers about how to do something.

Last edited:

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You must not like the GUI. Hence why I hate the UI of blackberry but they are simple and productive, so they work.

iPad is what it is..

OP
C

celiapgt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for responding me

What you people have told me, it's quite enlighting. I never saw the iPad as a consumer product... But as a full computer. Thanks.

By the way, yes, I'm having trouble with the filesystem:
I have two ebook readers, Stanza and iBook. I want to share my ebooks, but I don't know how to set a common folder, in orden to not duplicate my files. Is it possible to achieve it?

Most reactions