What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Amazon Fire Tablet killing the iPad? We think not.....

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's one month of prime with it, but I don't know about discounts on longer. I love Amazons store though, I buy books and music through them. Even some apps on my crappy Honeycomb tablet.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no hurry for iPad owners who want to experiment with the Kindle Fire; so, perhaps it's best to pass on the first generation and see what the future brings.

Things should evolve rapidly from now on or else the only real "killer" will be Apple. :)

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The pre-release rumors had a year of Prime included in the purchase price. Either that was wrong from the start or Amazon ran the numbers and found it didn't work. In any case, I suspect that the vast majority of Fire buyers will stick with the $79 annual fee for Prime once the month is over. If you order a lot from Amazon's vast inventory, Prime was at least a break even deal for nothing other than free shipping on many items. With the inclusion of streaming content at less than Netflix, it's an attractive deal. (Depending, of course, on the content available.)

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guthrien said:
It's one month of prime with it, but I don't know about discounts on longer. I love Amazons store though, I buy books and music through them. Even some apps on my crappy Honeycomb tablet.

Hordes of forgetful people will unintentionally get a year of prime. This alone will cover the financial loss on the hardware.

Most reactions

Latest posts