What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Album in Photos

angeleden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is written: How to Create a Photo Album on the iPad? In the bottom left hand corner of you iphoto window, you can find a plus sign. It is the the Add button. Click it on.
I don't have this Plus sign... what do I do wrong???
Thx

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I'm new to the iPad2, but was curious about your question since I plan to import images from my camera into the iPod, so would be convenient to setup separate folders - is this possible?

From your comments, I checked my own iPad and could not find the + sign that your mention; check out the thread here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/1246-creating-photo-albums-ipad.html

Appears that you need to use iTunes and transfer pics from your computer to the iPad w/ a sync; tonight, I gave these directions a try and transferred a folder from my computer to the iPad - not sure this is the only way to make a 'new' album on the iPad, but if so this is quite inconvenient.

Hopefully others w/ more experience might contribute to this thread - :)

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is written: How to Create a Photo Album on the iPad? In the bottom left hand corner of you iphoto window, you can find a plus sign. It is the the Add button. Click it on.
I don't have this Plus sign... what do I do wrong???
Thx

Are you referring to iPhoto...this is a Mac program that syncs to iPad when connected.

Need a lil more info....are you on ipad1 or 2? Are you JB or official firmware? Unfortunately apple doesnt allow the creation of folders within the native photo app directly on the iPad. You have to create folders within your photo folder on pc and then sync which will then transfer those folders to iPad.
if on ipad2....you could give photo sort from the app store a try....and see if that fits your needs.
If on ipad1 and jailbroken look for photo albums+ from cydia which does create actual folders within the native photo app.

Btw where did you see it written...

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Need a lil more info....are you on ipad1 or 2? Are you JB or official firmware? Unfortunately apple doesnt allow the creation of folders within the native photo app directly on the iPad. You have to create folders within your photo folder on pc and then sync which will then transfer those folders to iPad.
if on ipad2....you could give photo sort from the app store a try....and see if that fits your needs.
If on ipad1 and jailbroken look for photo albums+ from cydia which does create actual folders within the native photo app....

Thanks Outl4w for the suggestion of the Photo Sort app - I reviewed the product at the App Store; only a 3* overall rating w/ a bunch of negative 1* comments - early version and likely to improve - hope others will read this thread that use the program for some more specific details.

My plan for photos when on the road w/ the iPad2, was to simply transfer my camera images from the SD card (bought the connection kit) and then place them in a 'folder' (e.g. place of the trip) - not sure if that is easily done w/ an add-on app, but now appears that the one built into the iPad needs a computer sync - :(

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If on ipad1 and jailbroken look for photo albums+ from cydia which does create actual folders within the native photo app....

Thanks Outl4w for the suggestion of the Photo Sort app - I reviewed the product at the App Store; only a 3* overall rating w/ a bunch of negative 1* comments - early version and likely to improve - hope others will read this thread that use the program for some more specific details.

My plan for photos when on the road w/ the iPad2, was to simply transfer my camera images from the SD card (bought the connection kit) and then place them in a 'folder' (e.g. place of the trip) - not sure if that is easily done w/ an add-on app, but now appears that the one built into the iPad needs a computer sync - :(

welllll once JB is released for iPad2 you could install photo albums+, I love it, but also look at photo manager pro from app store....if not wanting to JB.

There many photo managing apps in the app store...just gotto decide which one best fits your needs.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

If I reviewed apps on the App Store - I would give Photo Sort a 5-star rating. It works great in sorting my photos into folders. You can input any photo that's in the [default] Photo app. In addition, you can quickly create folders, whether on the main level or in as many sub-folder levels as you wish.

I now use it as my primary app for storing and viewing my photos. No, you cannot input photos directly into the Photo Sort app, but it is a very simple one-click option to put photos into the app. They are then duplicated - but I've had no qualms about removing the photos from the default Photo app once they are in the aftermarket app. All this without needing a computer or iTunes (well, for those new photos not already sync'd with iTunes).

So, yes, some apps get not-so-good reviews on the App Store. But, IMNSHO, given what you want to do, Photo Sort will work for you.

Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

Reaction score

When you put photos on with the camera connection kit they go in the main photo app but with their own folder name of "imported". they will have their own sub folders within the folder according to date imported. I never noticed until I started uploading them to Facebook, and photobucket apps that they sub foldered.
At least that's how my no jail break Ipad 1 does it

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Inc

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If I reviewed apps on the App Store - I would give Photo Sort a 5-star rating. It works great in sorting my photos into folders. You can input any photo that's in the [default] Photo app. In addition, you can quickly create folders, whether on the main level or in as many sub-folder levels as you wish.

I now use it as my primary app for storing and viewing my photos. No, you cannot input photos directly into the Photo Sort app, but it is a very simple one-click option to put photos into the app. They are then duplicated - but I've had no qualms about removing the photos from the default Photo app once they are in the aftermarket app. All this without needing a computer or iTunes (well, for those new photos not already sync'd with iTunes).

So, yes, some apps get not-so-good reviews on the App Store. But, IMNSHO, given what you want to do, Photo Sort will work for you.

Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

OK Marilyn - the above sounds like a positive recommendation for this program - I'm trying to think of just the iPad on the road w/o my laptop, and would like photo import, editing, and other options - your response is supportive - believe that I'll do a download and give it a try!

Thanks for the comments - Dave :)

deonholt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn.

Will photo sort give the option to create sub-folders?

Regards,
Deon

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn.

Will photo sort give the option to create sub-folders?

Regards,
Deon

Yes it will....if you check the "features" for this app in the app store it can create folders and sub-folders......

deonholt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Yes it will....if you check the "features" for this app in the app store it can create folders and sub-folders......

Excellent. Thank you very much.

Deon

Most reactions

Latest posts