1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New 2 ipad

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by dzrvbk, Jan 12, 2013.

1. dzrvbk

dzrvbk iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I received iPad 4 for Christmas please help is there a way to download pics from my laptop(dell) to my iPad
  2. skimonkey

skimonkey Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +957 / 0
    The easiest way is to connect your iPad to iTunes and sync your photos to your iPad.

Or...you can email the pics to yourself and add them to your cameras roll.

Or you can get the app called drop box on your iPad and also on your dell and then just add your photos to the drop box file. Once your iPad has access to a wifi connection the Dropbox app will automatically sync and add those pics.

Hope that helps and Glad you joined us ~ ~ Welcome to the forum! :)
  3. Beards

Beards iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Dropbox is okay, providing you have a connection but downloading is a pain as Dropbox does not support downloading folders.
    I'm having the same issue as the OP and am looking into getting a File Manager that supports file transfers.
    One such program that can link to both your Laptop and Cloud accounts (i.e. Dropbox) is FileBrowser.
    I have heard some good comments on FileBrowser and a couple of interesting links are the Devs Web Site and how to set up external access.