networks

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by kathy1020, Jun 13, 2013.

1. kathy1020

kathy1020 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    is it possible for someone you don't know add a network to your ipad 2?
    my server won't open & i go to settings and then wifi and open and close networks. i'm just playing around but sometimes it works. there"s a strange net work using all numbers.
  2. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223 / 0
    it is possible for someone to use your wifi,have you got a security password on your router?
  3. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,208 / 1
    Welcome!

If you are referring to the networks that pop up on your iPad settings when your iPad is searching for a network, than yes...many networks will appear. While those other networks appear does not mean that you can gain access to it. The signal of others may be picked up, but not necessarily one that you can join. If it has a padlock symbol behind it, it require a password to join.

So what Poisonivy has stated ...above. Your home network hopefully has the same encryption and password security on it so others cannot "borrow" your wifi.

By the way...I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator