What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Network apps like splashtop and print n share problems

Magicaljerky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am running win 7 up until a few day ago all these apps/programs worked fine now they won't stay connected to my pc.. Splash top connects i can control desktop for a few minutes then it looses connection... When connection is lost it with all apps to pc (print n share, remote etc...) I have used simple port forwarding the ports are open but still loses connection... Any ideas

Ps mcafee firewall has ports open as well windows firewall is turned off and when i turn mcafee firewall off still the same issue

Thank you in advance!!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried powering he iPad off then on, or a soft reset?

When things start acting a bit weird, it's a good idea to completely shut the iPad off and restart. You should probably do this at least once a week (my unsupported opinion on frequency.)

Just hold down the power button for about three seconds. You'll get a power off slider. Go ahead and slide it off. Wait until the iPad completely shuts down and then restart it by holding down the power button for about three seconds again.

For more serious problems, when shutting it off doesn't work, you can do a soft reset. Hold down the power and home key for about 10 seconds, or until the Apple logo appears. Let go and wait for it to reboot. This will take a few minutes, so be patient.

OP
M

Magicaljerky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response ! Turns out in the mean time I turned my router off and back on, now everything seems to be working lol

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Should have thought of that. Glad you got it fixed.

Sometimes telling your iPad to forget a network connection and then re-adding it will help with network problems too.

Most reactions

Latest posts