What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

netflix

lauras2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Netflix app, but whenever I try to log in, I get an error message that flashes by so fast I can't read it ... two of the words are "allow" and "device" ...

I do have a Netflix account.

TIA for any help!

Laura S.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Netflix app, but whenever I try to log in, I get an error message that flashes by so fast I can't read it ... two of the words are "allow" and "device" ...

I do have a Netflix account.

TIA for any help!

Laura S.

I think the error is "The device would not allow connection to Netflix" and it's usually caused by a firewall problem. Is this a new problem - i.e. it's worked OK before - or it's the first time you've tried to connect to Netflix using this app?

Tim

OP
L

lauras2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually it says something about streaming ... like "this application only supports ... streaming ..."

Do I need a special Netflix account in order to access streaming video? That would totally stink.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You shouldn't need a separate account if you have one already. I only have the one and have no problems streaming Nflix to my iPad2.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my regular Netflix account to stream to iPad 1 and 2. I've used them with at least three router setups -- mine and others'. No problems.

OP
L

lauras2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks like I need the 'Unlimited' account ... I had the cheapest DVD acct (one DVD at a time) and I needed to upgrade to Unlimited ...

teedubbz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 1 DVD at a time and am having no problems streaming! Already blown through several seasons of rescue me.. Wishing they had the shield in the works :(

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not have he unlimited account

i.e. no DVDs, streaming only, but access Netflix via iPhone, iPad, and computer equally as well. One account only.

OP
L

lauras2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, fwiw, I upgraded to the unlimited acct and now it's all working perfectly fine ...

ToddS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you download the app, you will have to access NetFlix through your browser first and then click on any movie. It will then re-direct you to the app for you to login. Now everything will work fing.

Most reactions

Latest posts