What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netflix to Bring NBC Universal Content to your iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Netflix has today announced that it has inked an expanded license agreement with NBC Universal which will enable Netflix members (including iPad owners!) to instantly watch a selection of broadcast series from NBC, and, for the first time on Netflix, content from some of NBC Universal's cable channels.

The deal kicks off next week, and adds significantly to the selection of movies and TV episodes that can be streamed instantly from Netflix. Here are just some of the programmes that Netflix members will be able to instantly watch from next week:

• Episodes from every season of Saturday Night Live, including day-after broadcast of the upcoming 2010, 2011, and 2012 seasons plus hundreds of episodes from the first 35 years of SNL.
  • Every episode from the last seasons of 30 Rock, The Office and Law & Order: SVU, as well as earlier seasons.
  • All prior seasons - and eventually next year's final season - of Friday Night Lights.
  • All prior seasons of USA Network hits Psych, In Plain Sight and Monk. Prior seasons of all three shows are available to watch instantly at Netflix for the first time.
  • More than 75 prior season episodes of Syfy's Battlestar Galactica, as well as prior season episodes of Destination Truth and Eureka, all streaming from Netflix for the first time.
Source: Netflix

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
I don't understand the exclusivity. I understand it from Netflix perspective, but not from NBC. If I were NBC, I would want my shows on Hulu, Netflix, my own website, Apple, etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts