What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netflix quality

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm disappointed in the quality. When I got the iPad, that was part of what excited me since my android phone and tablet could not stream netflix. Now, it is on android as well. The iPad video is horrible in comparison. Same connection to the Internet. It's not the iPad since other video is beautiful. Am I alone here?

I just flipped between two androids and the iPad with the same stream. Looked great on the androids and horrible (but better than some other times I tried)on the iPad. Previous comparison was to my laptop and again the iPad failed. It's less of an issue since I have other mobile options, but I want it on the iPad too :)

HerbalTBag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm disappointed in the quality. When I got the iPad, that was part of what excited me since my android phone and tablet could not stream netflix. Now, it is on android as well. The iPad video is horrible in comparison. Same connection to the Internet. It's not the iPad since other video is beautiful. Am I alone here?

I just flipped between two androids and the iPad with the same stream. Looked great on the androids and horrible (but better than some other times I tried)on the iPad. Previous comparison was to my laptop and again the iPad failed. It's less of an issue since I have other mobile options, but I want it on the iPad too :)

I don't know I haven't had any issues with Netflix. It starts out for me on a little bad quality but then fixes itself and looks great. Even HBO GO and Hulu look great when you can get Hulu to work right.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Phone with a 4" (max) screen
iPad with a 10.1" screen

The larger the screen, the more the bad quality is pronounced. It is not surprising that the android's smaller screen will look better overall.

Personally, I have not had issues with Netflix on my iPad unless I try and watch on 3G. AT&T 3G in my area is not the best. However over my wifi, it is nearly flawless.

OP
U

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somerled said:
Phone with a 4" (max) screen
iPad with a 10.1" screen

The larger the screen, the more the bad quality is pronounced. It is not surprising that the android's smaller screen will look better overall.

Personally, I have not had issues with Netflix on my iPad unless I try and watch on 3G. AT&T 3G in my area is not the best. However over my wifi, it is nearly flawless.

The phone is a 4.3, the android tab is a 7 inch. The laptop is 14 inches. I am not saying the android is perfect, but it's way, way better.

I'm not trying to just complain. I love all my toys, just saddened by this aspect of the iPad when the rest of it looks so nice.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had a great experience with Netflix, watching dozens of movies and TV episodes on iPad 1. I've done barely any watching on my iPad 2. Maybe your wi-fi interaction with iPad is the problem, rather than the app?

Bummer is, I had such a great experience with iPad streaming Netflix, I bought a Sony BluRay player to stream, too. But the Sony constantly loses the network connection.

thegreatone3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Netflix experience on the iPad has been great! The quality is always sharp after a few seconds of buffeting. Agree that your connection speed may be the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
U

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so that is pretty strange. I'll have to try it at a few other places.

I guess it's good news...I'd rather hear that than hear I'd never get good netflix video.

cypress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i've seen some movies on netlfix on the ipad and then connnected to to the big screen and the quality was more than fine for me.

samanthadianne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HerbalTBag said:
I don't know I haven't had any issues with Netflix. It starts out for me on a little bad quality but then fixes itself and looks great. Even HBO GO and Hulu look great when you can get Hulu to work right.

Quick question, I am not sure if this was posted already but I was charged for the net flux streaming on Mifi. Does this go against your bits and you can incur overages?

OP
U

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I'm stumped. I've tried the connection at four new places, one had a decent picture. Not fantastic but decent. I downloaded a seventeen Meg app in seconds and still didn't have high end picture. It looked great for some nice slow movie, but any high speed action at all was pixelated.

Seriously, an android phone, android tablet and two different pcs have better picture over a cellular connection than I got. I'm assuming apple has it locked to the highest setting and it's for "optimum user experience" so the iPad isn't really to blame, I just need an uber connection. If I'm right, it smells like "no flash is needed, the Internet just needs to change" and it sits about that well with me.

Yes...I'm frustrated. Felt the need to rant.

reag1380

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! :) I have an iPad2 and the Netflix Quality on it (iPad display or HDMI cable to the TV) is veeeery downgraded than when I use my MacBook Air with the exactly same WiFi Network, on the same day and hour and movie I'm trying to watch. I have always asked why should it be :(.

Most reactions

Latest posts