What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netflix not working

syeh3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey do you iPad owners have Netflix and it is not working?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you describe the problems that you're having with Netflix in a little more detail? Can you get any audio or video? Is it a streaming (bandwidth) related issue - 'stuttering' or poor audio/video synchronisation?

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't remember if I welcomed you but hello and hope Tim fixes your problem.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

OP
S

syeh3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The screen just gray and won't load anything :(

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - let's try a simple fix first of all, then we can try the more difficult ones later.

Double tap the Home button to open up the multi-task bar.

Press and hold any icon in the multi-task bar until the icons start to jiggle.

Then tap the Netflix icon in the top left hand corner where the 'X' is. This will close the app. Its icon should disappear from the multi-task bar. It's not deleted, just closed.

Now touch the Home button to hide the multi-task bar.

Try Netflix again and see if the problem is fixed.

If not, get back to us and we'll move on to the next possible solution!!

Tim

OP
S

syeh3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx it works now! Bc Netflix fixed it it was there problem

Spacedoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cincybearcatfan said:
Yes it was down last night. My Netflix wouldn't sync. It kept saying my password was wrong.

Mine is back up, too. Comcast must have made a quick fix.

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
syeh3 said:
Hey do you iPad owners have Netflix and it is not working?

Netflix seemed to go wacky a few days ago, and wouldn't load on either of my iPads (1 and 2). I waited a few hours and tried again. Back to perfect. My theory is it was on their server side, and not mine.

wilja8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Comcast service, netgear wireless router, ipad2. Netflix app was working great until about a week ago. Now when I select a movie it begins to load for a few seconds then jumps back to the browsing menu. I tried closing all other apps so I'm not multi tasking. Anybody else have this problem? Help!?

shaygrant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2 questions regarding netflix: if I try to go straight to the netflix site and login, I can't do anything on the screen -is this normal?
I do have the Netflix app, but I can't seem to delete or add things-any advice?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2 questions regarding netflix: if I try to go straight to the netflix site and login, I can't do anything on the screen -is this normal?
I do have the Netflix app, but I can't seem to delete or add things-any advice?

I just logged on to website and app, and both are working fine. I can add to my instant queue from both, for instance. If you're having problems both on the website and app, maybe it's something with your account.

sjdavison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Netflix and Tmobile users

I have registered and downloaded the Netflix app yesterday on my iPad and couldn't watch anything, the message was unable to play at this time please visit Netflix support (139). I was trying to watch over my 3G signal. I then did the uninstall reinstall procedure, still no good, turned off the iPad and back on still nothing. I downloaded the app on my iPhone 4s and the film played perfectly well on this device over my 3G signal (3 network provider). I tried the iPad over my sky broadband Wifi connection and it worked fine in the house along with the Wii. This lead me to think it was a problem with my data provider on my iPad (Tmobile) I contacted Tmobile support on twitter and they have said that Netflix does not recognise the German IP address tmobile use and are currently addressing the issue.

Hopefully this may help some people with their Netflix problems.

Most reactions