Netflix is amazing!

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by gentlefury, Apr 7, 2010.

1. denmiller60

denmiller60
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Anyone else having trouble with Netflix App?

EVERYTIME I use the Netflix app it takes me to the screen for people who have forgotten their password. I haven't found a way to go "back" a screen to sign-in. I've had to use Safari to go to my email, open with password, open Netflix email, and click on their magic word to get to "change my password" screen. If I leave myself signed in in Netflix I have found I can use their toolbar right away without changing my password and get rolling in Netflix, which I enjoy immensely. But this is a pain in the neck, and takes several minutes. And, sometimes I still can't get into Netflix. I wrote them,but received no reply. They have probably seen the number of movies I have streamed and not realize I won't take 4-5 minutes much longer. (I'm not signed in on my iMac, so that's not the problem.) ANY IDEAS?

2. iPad911

iPad911
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    if my friend gives me his user and password for netflix can i use his account on my ipad?

3. iBud

iBud
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Can one of you very smart members tell me exactly what you get?
    1)Is it downloaded directly to your iPad and you get to play it when you want?
    2)How long do you have it for?
    3)After your done watching "whatever" does it still take up valuable storage space or does it delete itself?
    I'm very much a noob to this since I have never had a Netflix account of any kind so not sure exactly how it works.
    Thanks!

4. hendjo

hendjo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It's streaming so is not saved into memory. You play it when you start the stream. You don't take it with you. When you are done watching you stop the stream and then resume watching it later from the same spot. Netflix takes care of the remembering, not the Ipad memory. As long as your Netflix account is active Netflix will retain the memory of where the movie/show was stopped.

Your questions are more related to a movie rental from Itunes, Amazon or the like where the movie is downloaded to the device's memory. Not so with streaming.

5. iMATTDVD

iMATTDVD
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    If you open an account via iPad, can you watch on other devices that you own? (PS3, PC etc.)

6. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    yes...the ipad app is really just the website. You can actually go to Netflix: Rent as many movies as you want for only $8.99 a month! Free Trial and do the same thing and it will play the movie in the app. The app is only a player...not a front end.

I started on iPad and got my PS3 disc in the mail....that is a truly incredible experience! HD looks insane!

7. robb25j

robb25j
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    yes thats possible but i dont think u can watch at the same time

8. mjeagent

mjeagent
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Would be much more "amazing" if the new release stuff could be streamed. Other than that it is a good service to have on the Ipad.

9. The Gadget Pastor

The Gadget Pastor
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    What's really sad they are going backwards with the DVD distribution making most of the new releases 28 day delay. That is unbelievable.

10. DG~X

DG~X
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I don't know, it spins really fast and the disc comes out new.