1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Netflix is amazing!

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by gentlefury, Apr 7, 2010.

1. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I'm watching Prison Break on my iPad playing thru my Bose speakers and it looks and sounds amazing. I have it plugged in so I can crank the brightness and it looks amazing. Video is SO clear....well done netflix! Hulu what??
  2. robb25j

robb25j iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just watched superman doomsday. On netflix and you also get the first month free if you sign up for netflix
  3. TheBaron

TheBaron iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you have to sign up for a full netflix account or can you just get the streaming portion? I have no interest in getting physical DVDs in the mail from them, but I'd totally sign up for a reduced rate for streaming.
  4. robb25j

robb25j iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I pay 8bucks a month I can get unlimited streaming and one DVD to my home which I will prob never do .they have a plan smaller then the 8 dollar one but I think you don't get unlimited streaming someone correct me if Im wrong
  5. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    yeah $8 is for unlimited streaming and one useless DVD. They need to put everything up for streaming and just get rid of the dvd...I would still pay the $8.
  6. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Still sometimes you need that DVD for when you have no internets :)
  7. TheBaron

TheBaron iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    $8??!?! That's it? I'm signing up as soon as I get home from work. Sounds fantastic.
  8. robb25j

robb25j iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Signup is easy I even signed up from a tethered iPad :)
  9. brobar

brobar iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yea we get the 2 discs at a time... but barely watch 2 discs a month. With streaming to my Blu-Ray player... we watch most of our stuff there. I may downgrade mine to the 1 at a time deal with streaming.

I do agree though... if they would put their entire catalog up for streaming... I'd pay what I pay now and just completely forgo the discs.
  10. Gayle

Gayle iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Have to agree--Netflix is amazing.
  11. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I'm watching 24 right now while working...never seen a single episode...they have all of them it looks like. Too cool.
  12. brobar

brobar iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I was watching Fraggle Rock last night on the iPad! AWESOME!
  13. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    ha! awesome. They seem to have a ridiculous amount of streaming content.

I watched Prison Break HD on netflix PS3 it looks SOOOO GOOD! Like a bluray! Streaming is def the future.
  14. brobar

brobar iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    They have a good amount of streaming content... especially with the Starz Play streaming. I still wish more mainstream recent stuff was available. Actually... I just wish they would eventually get to 100% of their stuff stream-able (like you know it will get to eventually). I'd happily pay what I pay now and never touch a dvd again if they would just stream all of their stuff. With it available on my iPad as well as through my Blu-Ray player... I'd never need another disc.

I guess that is the catch though... if they start streaming EVERYTHING... then what is the incentive to go out and buy a blu-ray disc anymore?
  15. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I think that's the point....there shouldn't be Blu-Ray or DVD or CD....media consumption should all be streaming or downloadable. I personally see no need for a piece of fragile plastic to watch movies or listen to music. So outdated!
  16. brobar

brobar iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Oh I agree... but production companies aren't gonna let Netflix start doing that until they work out a way to get as much revenue (if not more) than they can through the sale of dvds and blu-ray discs. I don't think they believe they'll make as much through a standard monthly fee as they can through a direct pay-per-view system. So that either means higher prices through Netflix or they will continue to limit new releases and such.

It sucks... we are THIS close to having it done right... but production companies aren't gonna do it until they know that their sales won't decrease because of the new model. While we are so close... there is still LOTS of work that needs to be done before movie companies will fully jump on board. They don't have a problem with a model like iTunes... because they know for every movie downloaded (regardless of whether it is watched or not) they are getting a certain percentage from that download. No way to (currently) do that with Netflix unfortunately.
  17. DG~X

DG~X iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    I use to use this awile back but my family randomly just stopped getting them. I think my dad canceled it because hes cheap.xD But, sometimes the discs came all scratched up, and blamed me.
  18. 4phun

4phun iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I fix the discs when they come in dirty/scratched. First I wash them with liquid soap and water and dry them with straight swipes. Often that is all you need to do.

If that fails a little Vaseline or similar fills the scratches and the disc works. Then after playing it we send it back to NetFlix and let someone else worry about it.
  19. DG~X

DG~X iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    I have gone to gamestop to fix my game discs. They have some little devise they use, i usually don't stay and wait so i don't know what really they do besides using a disced shaped devise. Usually takes 5-6 mins.:)
  20. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    You mean that weird buffer? Optical media is so outdated. I'm really looking forward to PS4 since it should have either all downloadable games or better yet live streaming games.