What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netflix hd issues?

Zugzwang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
I don't seem be getting hd on my new air on Netflix. I read this was an issue? Any fix?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OP
Zugzwang

Zugzwang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
The picture is just fuzzy as hell. It seems to snap into hd for a few seconds here and there.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That sounds like a connection speed problem. Fuzzy video is a sure sign that the connection is not good, as Netflix, Amazon, and most streaming sites all adapt the stream to conditions at the time. When conditions improve, so does the quality of the stream. Since there is no guarantee of the quality of connection, this is how streaming video has to be done to ensure that the end user gets something. So I don't think this has a thing to do with your iPad. You might, however, try rebooting your cable modem and your router, or the equvialent if you have some other kind of internet service.

OP
Zugzwang

Zugzwang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
It plays fine over my roku... There are that's elsewhere that say it's a Netflix app issue...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They say all kinds of things...but I use Netflix plenty on my tablets and the only time I have issues is when it has to throttle back due to connection problems. In fact, I'm doing it right now and I get a great image. And even if there is a Netflix app issue, the only fix for that is one that comes from Netflix.

OP
Zugzwang

Zugzwang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
I have a lesser speed plan from uverse. May need to bump it up then.

OP
Zugzwang

Zugzwang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
Thanks. That explains why my wife's random crap on roku is better than Netflix.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
I have experienced the 'time of day' picture degradation mentioned in the article on both Netflix and XBox Live. My work day is 4AM - Noon so I try to do my serious viewing in the afternoon before suburbia plugs the pipe between 7pm - 10pm.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts