What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netflix Alert Message

dwilliams1061

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For several months I've been streaming Netflix movies through WiFi connections with no problems. But today nothing will stream. I get an Alert box saying: "NCCP register with Netflixld failed". A call to Netflix support was not very helpful. They claimed no knowledge of this issue and recommended I call my service provider (Time Warner).

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Before you get bogged down in the support system, try this.

When things start acting a bit weird, it's a good idea to completely shut the iPad off and restart. You should probably do this at least once a week (my unsupported opinion on frequency.)

Just hold down the power button for about three seconds. You'll get a power off slider. Go ahead and slide it off. Wait until the iPad completely shuts down and then restart it by holding down the power button for about three seconds again.

For more serious problems, when shutting it off doesn't work, you can do a soft reset. Hold down the power and home key for about 10 seconds, or until the Apple logo appears. Let go and wait for it to reboot. This will take a few minutes, so be patient.

Mrcarizma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just started getting the same error, but the soft restart didn't resolve the issue, any other suggestions?

32Gig wifi 1st Gen
Version 3.2(7B367)
J-broke w/ Ins tall ous

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mrcarizma said:
Just started getting the same error, but the soft restart didn't resolve the issue, any other suggestions?

I don't have Netflix, but there are two other things of the general fix variety might help.

One: Go to wherever your account user ID and password are set, clear them, exit the app, restart the iPad or stop the app from the multitack bar, and then open and reenter your account ID and password.

Two: Delete the app, then reinstall it.

MacHead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love Netflix on iPad but I've been having issues too. When I try and watch a show, it goes to the page where it says "your almost ready..." then loads the movie then goes backwards until I get to the orginal page of where I was. Does anyone have an answer?!

Mrcarizma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mrcarizma said:

I don't have Netflix, but there are two other things of the general fix variety might help.

One: Go to wherever your account user ID and password are set, clear them, exit the app, restart the iPad or stop the app from the multitack bar, and then open and reenter your account ID and password.

Two: Delete the app, then reinstall it.

Thanks, fortunately I didn't need to reinstall. Evidently my iPad somehow fell off the list of "approved devices" in my Netflix account, so I just re-added it and it's working again, thanks.

Mrcarizma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love Netflix on iPad but I've been having issues too. When I try and watch a show, it goes to the page where it says "your almost ready..." then loads the movie then goes backwards until I get to the orginal page of where I was. Does anyone have an answer?!

I used to get this problem as well, so I reset my Netflix app within the iPad settings, then if that doesn't work, try the soft-reset, that should remedy the problem.

OP
D

dwilliams1061

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. What finally worked for me was uninstalling Netflix from my iPad and deleting the app from my PC iTunes library. Then I reinstalled on the iPad and all seems fine. Thanks again for the help.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have problems with Netflix from time to time but in almost every case it is because there is not enough free memory on my iPad. If I go and shut down all of the hibernating apps (double tap home button and delete all the apps in the multitask bar) Netflix will then run fine. Next time you are having problems, try this and see if it helps. I ended up jailbreaking my device simply so I could close all apps with one button because of this issue.

quigi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the message (139) too, when "Authenticating...". Rebooting the iPad didn't help.
The fix: scroll to bottom in app, sign out, then sign in again.

Most reactions

Latest posts