What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need urgent help my ipad is stuck on the boot screen

thatoneminer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have an ipad2 its jailbrocken i installed a tweak on cydia reboot my ipad and now it wont get past the boot scrren i plug it in to itunes doesnt recognize it i cant turn it off nothing please help how do i reset it Photo on 9-10-12 at 7.19 PM.jpgPhoto on 9-10-12 at 7.19 PM.jpg

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You may want to post this on the Hacking forum here at IPF. iPad Hacking
You may have better luck with a response especially since it's jailbroken. Those over there are amazing!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
rlapoint said:
You may want to post this on the Hacking forum here at IPF. iPad Hacking
You may have better luck with a response especially since it's jailbroken. Those over there are amazing!

Good idea rlapoint! done!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have installed a Cydia tweak which is not compatible with the iPad (likely designed for iPhone only) or is not compatible with 5.1.1

Either way, the easiest way to get things working again is to use safe mode.

Hold down both power and home buttons until the iPad resets. As soon as you see the screen go black and then the Apple logo appear again, let go of the buttons and hold down the VOLUME UP key until the iPad finishes booting. This will put it into safe mode by disabling all your jailbreak apps / tweaks. In this mode you can still open Cydia. Remove whatever tweaks you installed most recently, since these are the likely culprits.

Once you have removed them, reset the device again and let it reboot properly. Keep removing tweaks until you find the culprit or your iPad boots successfully. Always work backwards from the thing you installed most recently, and check the descriptions in Cydia to see if it specifically states it is for the iPad / 5.1.1. If not, and you don't see any details about the tweak on this forum, there is a good chance it is not for the iPad.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

KJSP89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have u tried holding down the home button and on/off button? Just guessing lol

Most reactions

Latest posts