What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to re-set up again

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't used my mini iPad for a while, and can't remember my user name or password. When I try to create a new password and name, it rejects my email address, so I am guessing I should reset everything from the beginning :(

Actually thinking back, I was getting emails from iTunes etc saying it had lapsed or something - I thought they were same emails and didn't answer or respond.

I do need however, if I am to reset everything - so save all my photos on the desktop - how?

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just tried the first option and got this reply
No Apple ID found.
We can't find an Apple ID matching the information you provided. You may have entered a name that doesn't exactly match our records. Try again

I had typed in my email address as required

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I try the 2nd option (reset password) it keeps saying the above, type in Apple ID - I am getting nowhere

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have Find My iPhone activated on the iPad mini? If not, you could erase the iPad and start over. You'd lose everything on the iPad but you'll end up with a functioning iPad after setting up a new Apple ID and password.

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can't find "find My iPhone l- so don't know if its activated. I need to urgently save many photos and videos before I start over though.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless you can remember the Apple ID and password for the iPad mini, there's no way to recover those photos and videos.

BTW, do you still have copies of those iTunes emails you mentioned in your first post, they may help if you can find them.

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No didn't keep emails, I really thought they were scammers, like we get with other programs (paypal etc). I will just have to try and persist with name and password.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whenever you purchase something from iTunes, music, movies, TV shows, etc. you receive a confirmation email from iTunes. Do you have any of those? They would have been sent to the Apple ID email address that was used to purchase the items. That email address is a good place to start and could be the Apple ID used on your iPad mini if you made any purchases from the mini.

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No I don't keep things for which (I thought) I have no use for. Will just keep on trying with name & password

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't remember if this applies to the iPad as well but on my iPhone when I tap on Settings and scroll down to iCloud it has my AppleID printed underneath it.

b590008d543061c3aea05ed73db4026a.jpg

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5c using Tapatalk!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad it finally worked out. Now you've got access those videos and photos.

Thanks for letting us know.

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My pleasure. I need to become re-acquainted with my iPad! I've actually moved photos to desktop long ago, but can't remember how I did it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts