What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to know the simplest workflow for Flash CS5 to iPad

sfxsahid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There,

Can you please tell me the simplest workflow for Flash CS5 to iPad.
I want to put my company's flashCS5 made interactive portfolio(with FLV video showreel) into ipad to show my clients.
What is the simplest way?? I am not familier with codes or programming.

Can you help me guys??

-Sahid

I am using PC.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no way. iPad does not support or run Flash.

Period.

Adobe does support tools to port to iPad, and Apple allows it now.

The OP will have to work with Adobe, though. I think most of the devs here use objective C.

OP
S

sfxsahid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no way. iPad does not support or run Flash.

Period.

Adobe does support tools to port to iPad, and Apple allows it now.

The OP will have to work with Adobe, though. I think most of the devs here use objective C.

I'v checked few websites, they talk about Air / iPhone Packager, these can run flash app on iPad. I just need to show my company profile only. Or is there any other platform except flash where I can make flash like portfolio app for iPad, except writing codes??
I'v no need to upload at iTune appstore. May be I can buy a MAC to use MacOS platform as I m using PC now.

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Your only option are to register as an iphone developer for $99/year and make an app (export you flash via adobes flash to iphone app method)

hire a real programmer to make the app

Make the presentation a pages(powerpoint) presentation

or dont use flash and make an HTML5 website presentation.

Aside from that, you could download the app CloudBrowse and just view the flash website with that.

OP
S

sfxsahid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your only option are to register as an iphone developer for $99/year and make an app (export you flash via adobes flash to iphone app method)

hire a real programmer to make the app

Make the presentation a pages(powerpoint) presentation

or dont use flash and make an HTML5 website presentation.

Aside from that, you could download the app CloudBrowse and just view the flash website with that.

Thnx for ur nice information.
If I make my portfolio in flash, how I should start in Flash?
Start from 'Create new for iPhone OS' then change the resolution to iPad screen size, RIGHT? if I m wrong, pls guide me.
Then export the flash via adobes flash to iphone app method as a registered iphone developer, right ?
These way, Shall I be able to show my flash portfolio(with my showreel video) on my ipad??

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Start from 'Create new for iPhone OS' then change the resolution to iPad screen size, RIGHT? if I m wrong, pls guide me.
Then export the flash via adobes flash to iphone app method as a registered iphone developer, right ?
These way, Shall I be able to show my flash portfolio(with my showreel video) on my ipad??

As far as I understand it, you cannot get the Flash app on your iPad until you register with Apple and pay the $99 annual fee to get a developers certificate. I've also been fiddling with CS5 and have not figured out how to publish for the iPad. Everything I've tried formats it for the iPhone screen. I'm still learning, too, though. I'm a Flash programmer by profession and am just learning how to use Flash to create iPad apps.

OP
S

sfxsahid

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As far as I understand it, you cannot get the Flash app on your iPad until you register with Apple and pay the $99 annual fee to get a developers certificate. I've also been fiddling with CS5 and have not figured out how to publish for the iPad. Everything I've tried formats it for the iPhone screen. I'm still learning, too, though. I'm a Flash programmer by profession and am just learning how to use Flash to create iPad apps.

Got it.
So till now no hope, right ??

Another topic:
Without Codes, how to make rich digital magazine for iPad. I thing need some tool with Adobe InDesign CS5. Can u give me some idea. I like to make digital magazine instead of flash portfolio. Have checked Woodwing.com and adobe site, i think they both r still developing...
so iPad is just a gadget for using movies, limited web, music, ebook ???

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'Objective C' would be the answer to that question.
Producing quality is always mainly a question of the effort you put into it.
There are good magazines out there for the iPad, but all these have been programmed using Objektive C w. XCode. At least the ones I've seen.

I'm afraid you won't be able to find a simple 'point and click'-solution.
And without spending 99$ for the developer license, you won't be able to put your stuff onto an iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts