Need power cable and new case.

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by islandman, Mar 12, 2015.

1. islandman

islandman
    Expand Collapse

#1 islandman, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2017
  2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, Apple sells a 2 metre Lightning to USB cable for charging your iPad. image.jpg

3. islandman

islandman
    Expand Collapse

thank you, I will do what I can to get one tomorrow,

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    @ Scifan.. - that is listed at $39 (assume Canadian dollars?) - USA store price for the 2 meter cable is $10 USD less; now the regular 1 meter cable is $10 USD less, i.e. $19 - really ridiculous markup for an extra 3 feet or so! Just venting, I guess - ;)

The other irritation are the reviews these accessories often receive on the Apple site - I'm sure that this is a much skewed population of people leaving comments, but one would think that these cables should not be bought from Apple (see attachment) - BUT, the third party 'knock-offs' are likely even more unreliable - NOW, I've not had any problems w/ my charging cables going back to my iPad 2 (2011) - I think that being 'careful' is probably the most important recommendation - these are just not robust products and care is needed - OK, just my 2 cents - Dave :)
    Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 6.26.36 PM.png

5. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The price in my post about the 2 metre charging cable is the Canadian dollar price.

6. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Then there's the cheap and ugly solution. Get a short AC extension cord and plug the power supply into that. Sometimes that works out well. Other times, not so much.

But it's probably about a 10th the cost.

7. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Great suggestion - I have a short extension cord in the bedroom w/ about 3 AC plug-in sockets used by my wife to charge her iDevices - she's had no problems.

Well, there are SO many options - just take a look on Amazon HERE - you might also want to search the forum, i.e. a common topic of discussion over the years. Also, provide some clues as to your 'desires', e.g. protection for back & front, all buttons accessible, keyboard, storage for papers/documents, ruggedness, etc. Dave :)

8. islandman

islandman
    Expand Collapse

9. islandman

islandman
    Expand Collapse

Thanks I will click on your link in a min. Hopefully your suggestion will help.

10. islandman

islandman
    Expand Collapse