What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need just a little help, please-I think??

briotone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife has a new iPad 2.

Somebody kindly posted on the web, how to include Gmail as another email address.

I managed to format it correctly but, not only does it not put an icon on the Home Page but I can find no way of opening the program.

Am I missing something? If so, many apologies but perhaps someone would be kind enough to advise?

Thank you in anticipation.

briotone

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
briotone said:
My wife has a new iPad 2.

Somebody kindly posted on the web, how to include Gmail as another email address.

I managed to format it correctly but, not only does it not put an icon on the Home Page but I can find no way of opening the program.

Am I missing something? If so, many apologies but perhaps someone would be kind enough to advise?

Thank you in anticipation.

briotone

Email accounts are usually setup via Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars/Accounts/Add Account

From here the most common email providers are listed and you are walked through setup.

Once complete to access these account(s) you tap the single email icon on the iPad desktop.

Now with this said you can also setup email via web clients which would mean you access via Safari Browser. Am unsure when you do a web client setup if a bookmark is placed on your desktop. I'm pretty sure one would be created in your bookmarks folder at a minimum.

Most reactions