What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need imexchange advice BADLY...thanks..

corb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi there, sorry to bother you, but i'm DESPERATELY trying to get some info on imexchange. i'm a decade-long, heavy outlook user, especially tasks and notes, and i'm trying to find a way to get good functionality on my ipad for those things. i've tried MANY third party apps and they're all kind of lacking. i'm considering going to a hosted exchange server and using IMexchange but i have a couple questions about how it performs and i cant get an answer from their support. i'd love to ask you a couple questions if you've been using it.

specifically:
-can you work offline with notes and tasks on the ipad/iphone using imexchange or do you have to have a connection?
-if you CAN, is it read-only or can you make changes in your notes/tasks offline and have them sync when you get connected to exchange again?
-if you CAN'T, how long does it take to load the data each time you open the app? i have 300 tasks and 1700 notes.. is this practical?
-is there a good view for ipad that uses it's potential real estate to see a good long list of your tasks/notes, or is it restricted to the iphone layout, where you can only see a few at a time?
-are you using exchange 2010? ive heard it doesnt work with 2010.

thanks a million for your time.
cheers
corb.

jaylopez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure you get iMExchange2. I had the older version on the iphone. How I have version 2 on both the iPhone and iPad.

1. Yes, you can work offline. I have about 100 tasks, and 30 notes.
2. You can edit offline (not read only). You can have the app sync automatically when you start it if you like, but it's optional. You can manually sync when you like.
3. The iPad view shows your list of tasks on about the 1/3 left of the screen. In landscape mode, I can see 12 tasks. The actual task detail takes up the other 2/3 right side of the screen, with a lot of white space under it.
4. I am using on Exchange 2007.

OP
C

corb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for your response..appreciate it. i have another question for you. i've got my hosted exchange service up and running, my ipad is behaving nicely with active sync, but i'm having a heck of a time getting IMExchange 2 to speak to exchange for tasks and notes. i'm runnin outlook and exchange 2007. can any of you give insight on what values you used for these fields in IMExchange 2 account settings:

EMAIL
SERVER
DOMAIN
USERNAME
PASSWORD
NAME:
USE SSL: ON
EXCHANGE 2003: OFF

i repeatedly tried the ones that my hosting service came up with for my activesync, but they're not working for me. keep getting ERROR. there was a problem accessing the account. please check the account settings.

help! i'm so close!!

Egreen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My trouble with it.

I have the version 2 but I can no longer modify the task or note. I cqn make the changes but there is no DONE button available. I am getting frustrated with it. Whatever i do on the iPad I cannot save. What I do on the PC will sync to the iPad though.

OP
C

corb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
egreen; you might just have to pay for it. are you using the trial? it did the same for me, and that's basically a prompt saying the trial is over, buy the software, though it's not very clear. i love IMExchange. saving my life over here. hardcore outlook user. now on ipad.. ya.

Egreen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It worked

egreen; you might just have to pay for it. are you using the trial? it did the same for me, and that's basically a prompt saying the trial is over, buy the software, though it's not very clear. i love IMExchange. saving my life over here. hardcore outlook user. now on ipad.. ya.

This worked for me. Thanks for the tip. The way it was worded was like continual sync was just qn upgrade but was not necessary. Thanks for the tip. I use Outlook pretty much for everything myself.

Hypereal

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have the same problem you mention above - active sync information not being accepting, recieving the error message despite all detail being entered exactly the same. Can you share what you did to correct this?

Tniehaus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
corb said:

Did it work with Outlook 2010?

Batman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tniehaus said:
Did it work with Outlook 2010?

I have exactly the same problem. My email works fine but I cannot get tasks to sync with outlook 2010. Ideas on how to get this to work appreciated.

Egreen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine syncs fine with Outlook 2010. I am connected to Outlook via an Exchange server through the company.

Batman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Egreen said:
Mine syncs fine with Outlook 2010. I am connected to Outlook via an Exchange server through the company.

Have you upgraded to continual sync? Did it work before you upgraded? My email works fine through the work exchange but I cannot get IM to work. do you have these settings?
Use SSL - On
Exchange 2003 - Off

Egreen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same settings you have. SSL is on and Exchange 2003 is off. I have upgraded to continual sync. Before upgrading i could not save a task or note after the trial period.

knewjerzee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't seem to get iMExchange 2 to connect to my hosted exchange server. ActiveSync settings work fine for email/calendar/contacts and I am using the same settings for iMExchange to no avail. I have upgraded to continual synch and still not working. I have tried every combination of SSL/2003 and still not working.

Can anyone shed some light on what I might be missing???

Thanks

hawkze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i repeatedly tried the ones that my hosting service came up with for my activesync, but they're not working for me. keep getting ERROR. there was a problem accessing the account. please check the account settings.

help! i'm so close!!

Hi guys,

I'd appreciate some help here. I have a university Outlook Exchange account and Email, Contacts and Calendar sync beautifully. Using exactly the same settings in ActiveSync as ImExchange 2 (trial version) but get the exact same error with "Error: There was a problem accessing the account. Please check the account settings".
Have tried SSL on/off, Exchange 2003 on/off.

What am I doing wrong? Help...

Most reactions

Latest posts