need imexchange advice BADLY...thanks..

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by corb, Oct 11, 2010.

1. corb

corb iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi there, sorry to bother you, but i'm DESPERATELY trying to get some info on imexchange. i'm a decade-long, heavy outlook user, especially tasks and notes, and i'm trying to find a way to get good functionality on my ipad for those things. i've tried MANY third party apps and they're all kind of lacking. i'm considering going to a hosted exchange server and using IMexchange but i have a couple questions about how it performs and i cant get an answer from their support. i'd love to ask you a couple questions if you've been using it.

specifically:
    -can you work offline with notes and tasks on the ipad/iphone using imexchange or do you have to have a connection?
    -if you CAN, is it read-only or can you make changes in your notes/tasks offline and have them sync when you get connected to exchange again?
    -if you CAN'T, how long does it take to load the data each time you open the app? i have 300 tasks and 1700 notes.. is this practical?
    -is there a good view for ipad that uses it's potential real estate to see a good long list of your tasks/notes, or is it restricted to the iphone layout, where you can only see a few at a time?
    -are you using exchange 2010? ive heard it doesnt work with 2010.

thanks a million for your time.
    cheers
    corb.
  2. jaylopez

jaylopez iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Make sure you get iMExchange2. I had the older version on the iphone. How I have version 2 on both the iPhone and iPad.

1. Yes, you can work offline. I have about 100 tasks, and 30 notes.
    2. You can edit offline (not read only). You can have the app sync automatically when you start it if you like, but it's optional. You can manually sync when you like.
    3. The iPad view shows your list of tasks on about the 1/3 left of the screen. In landscape mode, I can see 12 tasks. The actual task detail takes up the other 2/3 right side of the screen, with a lot of white space under it.
    4. I am using on Exchange 2007.
  3. corb

corb iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for your response..appreciate it. i have another question for you. i've got my hosted exchange service up and running, my ipad is behaving nicely with active sync, but i'm having a heck of a time getting IMExchange 2 to speak to exchange for tasks and notes. i'm runnin outlook and exchange 2007. can any of you give insight on what values you used for these fields in IMExchange 2 account settings:

EMAIL
    SERVER
    DOMAIN
    USERNAME
    PASSWORD
    NAME:
    USE SSL: ON
    EXCHANGE 2003: OFF

i repeatedly tried the ones that my hosting service came up with for my activesync, but they're not working for me. keep getting ERROR. there was a problem accessing the account. please check the account settings.

help! i'm so close!!
  4. Egreen

Egreen iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My trouble with it.

I have the version 2 but I can no longer modify the task or note. I cqn make the changes but there is no DONE button available. I am getting frustrated with it. Whatever i do on the iPad I cannot save. What I do on the PC will sync to the iPad though.
  5. corb

corb iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    egreen; you might just have to pay for it. are you using the trial? it did the same for me, and that's basically a prompt saying the trial is over, buy the software, though it's not very clear. i love IMExchange. saving my life over here. hardcore outlook user. now on ipad.. ya.
  6. ChemoSabe

ChemoSabe iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    How does this compare to Tasktask?
  7. Egreen

Egreen iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It worked

This worked for me. Thanks for the tip. The way it was worded was like continual sync was just qn upgrade but was not necessary. Thanks for the tip. I use Outlook pretty much for everything myself.
  8. Hypereal

Hypereal iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the same problem you mention above - active sync information not being accepting, recieving the error message despite all detail being entered exactly the same. Can you share what you did to correct this?
  9. Tniehaus

Tniehaus iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did it work with Outlook 2010?
  10. Batman

Batman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have exactly the same problem. My email works fine but I cannot get tasks to sync with outlook 2010. Ideas on how to get this to work appreciated.
  11. Egreen

Egreen iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mine syncs fine with Outlook 2010. I am connected to Outlook via an Exchange server through the company.
  12. Batman

Batman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have you upgraded to continual sync? Did it work before you upgraded? My email works fine through the work exchange but I cannot get IM to work. do you have these settings?
    Use SSL - On
    Exchange 2003 - Off
  13. Egreen

Egreen iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the same settings you have. SSL is on and Exchange 2003 is off. I have upgraded to continual sync. Before upgrading i could not save a task or note after the trial period.
  14. knewjerzee

knewjerzee iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't seem to get iMExchange 2 to connect to my hosted exchange server. ActiveSync settings work fine for email/calendar/contacts and I am using the same settings for iMExchange to no avail. I have upgraded to continual synch and still not working. I have tried every combination of SSL/2003 and still not working.

Can anyone shed some light on what I might be missing???

Thanks
  15. hawkze

hawkze iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Hi guys,

I'd appreciate some help here. I have a university Outlook Exchange account and Email, Contacts and Calendar sync beautifully. Using exactly the same settings in ActiveSync as ImExchange 2 (trial version) but get the exact same error with "Error: There was a problem accessing the account. Please check the account settings".
    Have tried SSL on/off, Exchange 2003 on/off.

What am I doing wrong? Help...
  16. rnicolela

rnicolela iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I see this thread is not beeing answered for some months, but I need some HELP, please...
    I want to use TASKS synchronized with Outlook (Exchange 2010).

There are not many apps to do it in Apple store, and IMExchange seems to be a good one. But I can't make it work...
    I keep getting a message "Error connecting with server".

I've made a test to see if the account setting were OK: Changed a letter at the server or domain identification, and the message changed to
    "There was a prolem accessing the account. Please check the account settings". So, apparently, the account settings is OK. The problem is another one.

Some info:
    - I've paid the 7,99 to get the continuous sync right
    - I don´t have more than 30 tasks

Does someone knows another software to use (outlook tasks)??

Thanks!
  17. guyfulcher

guyfulcher iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    iMExhange2

Sorry, that I cannot answer your question but I have one that is most likely similar in nature and probably related.

There is an application I installed on my ipad that is not working. iMExhange2 was developed to give the user access to Outlooks Tasks and Notes. It utilizes the same login fields as the Mail application uses to access Outlook Exchange email. Unfortunately using the same settings as email, I am getting the error “There was a problem accessing the account. Please check the account settings.â€

We are on 2007 and 2010 doesn't support it at all. I beleive that it may have something to do with the way that we authenicate, but an unsure.

Any thoughts
  18. Egreen

Egreen iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mine works

I cannot explain why. I m running Windows 7 with Outlook 2010. I is not perfect and sometimes have to delete the account and add it back. I am thinking it is some settings on the server side for you. All i can say is mine works. I wish i knew what to tell you. I know this is frustrating..
  19. mduros

mduros iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have not invested in the paid version of imexchange2 yet. I am testing different products for our users that rely on the notes feature in Outlook. We are running Exchange 2010 and Office 2007. Oddly, I was ready to rule out this product because I could not get it to connect with our servers through an iphone 4s. Same error messages as the others posted. But then I tried it on an ipad and it worked perfectly. Both are running iOS5. I cannot figure out where or why there is a difference. If anything I would think that the ipad would have been problematic since I do not have the data service activated on it.

I have been combing support groups for a couple of days now. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Mary.
  20. asagy

asagy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Need basic directions plse...
    All I see on the iPhone is the greating screen of the iMExchange2 showing my account name, + Add account & Settings rows. Cannot see any of the actual Notes. Going crazy... Can anyone help?