What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with the dropbox pleaese. it doesnt syc with my Ipad

Sahumah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,,, I hope everyone is fine.. I have dropbox on my iPad and my laptop but it doesn't syc. I mean I can't view the folders I have on laptop on my IPad even through Itune.. Can anyone help? Please..
Thanks in advance ... :)

VSorceress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sahumah said:
Hi guys,,, I hope everyone is fine.. I have dropbox on my iPad and my laptop but it doesn't syc. I mean I can't view the folders I have on laptop on my IPad even through Itune.. Can anyone help? Please..
Thanks in advance ... :)

Are u using the same dropbox account for both the iPad and ur PC? Even if u are 99.9% positive, check that first.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go directly to the DropBox website first, and make sure the folders are syncing online from the laptop. That will let you know whether the problem is with the laptop or the iPad.

OP
Sahumah

Sahumah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much guys.. Yes it is the same account. And I see my new files on the dropbox on laptop but not on iPad.. Any help please?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but - are you looking at the right thing? Dropbox doesn't mirror/show all the folders on your laptop. By running the Dropbox program on your laptop, it creates a single file folder on the laptop. That's the folder that can be seen by the iPad via the app.

And, as twerppoet suggested, have you checked the folder from the web? Go to Dropbox - Simplify your life and log in. Then, you can see what exactly is in your Dropbox account.

Hang in there! We'll get this solved (although it is an odd problem...).

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sahumah said:
Thank you so much guys.. Yes it is the same account. And I see my new files on the dropbox on laptop but not on iPad.. Any help please?

Go into your settings for dropbox, scroll to the bottom. There should be a button there that sayes to unlink your account ( if it is linked ). Unlink it. Now add your account again and see if it works.

If that does not work try deleting the app, downloading it again, and setting up.

OP
Sahumah

Sahumah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really thank you twerp poet.. I tried all you suggested but there is a folder our professor shared with us on dropbox and I still can not see that on my iPad. Is it because my laptop is not Mac?
Thank you so much for all ur help

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it is a link that link that your professor sent to you, you should just be able to click onto the link that was sent. Is that what you are doing? I have sent pictures into a public folder which I have shared with others that do not have dropbox. Within the email, is a link that they have to click onto in order to open it up.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From what I see the DropBox app can only access your own account. To access a shared folder you will probably have to follow the link provided in Safari. I have no idea how well that will work on the iPad. I have no shared folder to test, but it will be a download only access if it works.

You might be able to get upload/download access to a shared folder through iCab Mobile; a third party browser. But you have to copy the files that need uploading to the browser first.

OP
Sahumah

Sahumah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really thank you dear.. Problem solved. I used the link the prof send and it worked.. Really thanks for all u for helping

Most reactions

Latest posts