What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with Outlook Web Exchange

mdanehart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please bear with my novice question.
I would like to access our company's web exchange. I have downloaded Public Folders and I can see the email, contacts and Calanders. The problem is that I can not enter any information on any of the mentioned? What gives? Any help will be appreciated..

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mdanehart said:
Please bear with my novice question.
I would like to access our company's web exchange. I have downloaded Public Folders and I can see the email, contacts and Calanders. The problem is that I can not enter any information on any of the mentioned? What gives? Any help will be appreciated..

I get mail from my institution's Exchange.

So, you did the following in Settings, and something is preventing you from completing the process?

1. In Settings, tap in "Mail, Contacts, Calendars."
2. Tap on "Add Account...."
3. Tap on "Microsoft Exchange."
4. Fill in the blanks at the prompts.

Maybe you should contact your company's IT dept. to make sure your setting are correct, especially the Server and Domain.

Do you have the SSL turned on or off? Turning it on provides a secure connection and I don't know the consequences if it is turned off. Maybe that's the problem?

OP
M

mdanehart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks..I installed the Public Folders app and it works for reading my fellow employees calendar input and contacts, but you can't enter any information, its all grayed out! Bummer, I will still have to use my Windows laptop for this part of my job. Still looking for ideas and help.

Most reactions

Latest posts