What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with iTunes install for new iPad

mike42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought an iPad2, new to Apple. First thing told me to download and run iTunes on PC with iPad connected. Did so. Still looking at screen with usb arrow to iTunes. Tried "authorized" via AOL several times today with iTunes saying servers busy try later. Shouldn't I be able to something with this iPad with out going thru all this. Why do I have go to iTunes?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Help area where you're likely to get a better response to your question.

Welcome again and enjoy!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With iTunes running on the computer (make sure you have the latest version from Apple's site), plug the iPad into a USB port using it's cable (be sure it has a good charge using it's power supply first). iTunes should automatically recognize the iPad and walk you through the initialization.

If it does not, then describe what is, or is not happening and maybe we can help.

Also, since you just bought the iPad, you have 90 days of free tech support from Apple, so don't be shy about calling them if you need person to person help.

OP
M

mike42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Simple things work

Charged it up and everything worked as it should. Be nice if Apple mentioned "make sure fully charged are mornings going to work." Thanks again twerp poet.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iPads usually arrive with a decent but not full charge on them, but I suppose mistakes or shelf time could change that.

Glad you got it up and running. :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, strange. I've unboxed and synched five iPads and all arrived charged.

Most reactions

Latest posts