What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with iPad

RHCBJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help me figure out how to wirelessly stream from my iPad to my TV for presentations?

Model: iPad 1st generation

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

I would post your question in the Help section of the Forum.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is no way a stock iPad1 will stream wirelessly to a TV/monitor.

However, if you wish to jailbreak it, you can then have the option of tweaking the iPad1 to use a wired connection (Cydia tweaks TVOut or DisplayOut or by tweaking the K48AP.plist in the iPad's file system) to mirror your iPad's display to an HDTV.

For wireless, you can install the Cydia tweak Veency and, using a VNC viewer program, you can feed your iPad's display to a monitor (and maybe a TV - I've not tried that).

If you don't jailbreak, you can get the Apple TV (USD $99), which will allow you to wirelessly stream music and videos - but not mirror display.

Finally, if you hang in there, iOS 5, which is due this Fall/Autumn, is supposed to allow mirroring - at least of iPad2s. I am unsure if this means iPad1s can also do it, though I don't know why they wouldn't as they'll both be running iOS5. We'll see then, won't we?

Short answer: Can't mirror stock iPad1. Long answer: Jailbreak, install some Cydia tweaks and yes, you can.

If you decide to go the jailbreak route, know that we're here to help, should you need it.

Good luck.

Marilyn

P.S. Please not that I very carefully referenced ONLY the iPad1 for jailbreaking - as you canNOT jailbreak the iPad2 as of this writing.

Most reactions

Latest posts