What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with iPad Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I know we have some clever members here so hope someone can help.
Have iPad pro on IOS 11.0.1, All of a sudden it won't let me in to this forum or iPhone forum, They start to load then just stop.
I have tried Hard resets, Cleared history and cookies and Reset all Settings.
The strange thing is my iPhone 8 Plus is on the same IOS and there is no problem there.
No problem n my MacBook Pro either.

I'm stumped.....
Any ideas anyone?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m on my iPad Pro and had no problems logging in and making this post. Are you on WiFi? If so, try resetting the router and try again.

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried using another browser than Safari, such as Chrome or Firefox?.
The reason I ask is that I’ve just posted about an eerily similar problem, and I’ve also tried all that you have done, and I found that both Chrome and Firefox work properly.
I found that disabling JavaScript in Safari let me back in, however, doing that affects a lot of other websites that rely on JavaScript, meaning some won’t even load.

It certainly sounds like a very similar problem to mine, and seems too much of a coincidence to be a one off.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried using another browser than Safari, such as Chrome or Firefox?.
The reason I ask is that I’ve just posted about an eerily similar problem, and I’ve also tried all that you have done, and I found that both Chrome and Firefox work properly.
I found that disabling JavaScript in Safari let me back in, however, doing that affects a lot of other websites that rely on JavaScript, meaning some won’t even load.

It certainly sounds like a very similar problem to mine, and seems too much of a coincidence to be a one off.
Thank you for that, I should have thought to try a different browser but got bogged down in trying to find out why it wasn't working in Safari.

It works just fine in Chrome so it's obviously an issue with Safari so it helps a lot to narrow it down.
Thanks again :)

Now I need to find out why they have stopped working in Safari.

Last edited:
OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m on my iPad Pro and had no problems logging in and making this post. Are you on WiFi? If so, try resetting the router and try again.
Thank you....
As you will see I made a little progress :)

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried going into Safari - Advanced - Website Data then deleting the website data in there but still no luck.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's definitely a Safari issue, maybe an IOS 11 bug?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No idea. Safari is working without problems on both my iPads. I don’t have the problems you’re describing.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No idea. Safari is working without problems on both my iPads. I don’t have the problems you’re describing.
I've tried everything I can think of short of a complete re-install of a fresh copy of IOS 11.
It's strange that I don't have the same issue on my iPhone.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you compare the settings of both devices?
No I didn't...
I will do that although up until last night it was fine nd I haven't changed anything.
It's very odd.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No I didn't...
I will do that although up until last night it was fine nd I haven't changed anything.
It's very odd.
You’re right, that’s odd.

A new iOS version has been released not even an hour ago. It comes with a few bug fixes and improvements. Safari is not mentioned specifically. Maybe it’ll help, though.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You’re right, that’s odd.

A new iOS version has been released not even an hour ago. It comes with a few bug fixes and improvements. Safari is not mentioned specifically. Maybe it’ll help, though.
Hope so :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts