What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help with a failed update.

arelymedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was trying to update my brothers ipad 2. The file downloaded and it tried installing the 5.1 version, however the instalation failed. Now the ipad won't do anything other than show the connect to itunes logo. I tried connecting it to my computer and the laptop will make the sound when something is connected but itunes will not recognize the ipad. I connected my ipod touch and it will recognize that. Any help PLEASE? I hope i didn't delete everything from the ipad and now it won't work :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope you backed up your brother's iPad before starting the update because you will likely have to do a restore to factory settings and start over.
This tutorial is from the hacking forum and shows how to restore your iPad to the current version of iOS.Once restored,you don't have to jailbreak but can simply set up the iPad from the backup you hopefully made.
http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

Most reactions