What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help with a Couple of Junk Emails

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I constantly receive two junk emails to my iphone/ipad from SweetJack and Steve Madden. No idea what they sell, offer, etc. They're filtered in my pc gmail and it works fine, however, I receive them to my idevices gmail. Suggestions, solutions, etc welcomed.

Thanks

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to gmail.com in a browser, and add filters for those senders within gmail. While you're there, mark all those messages as spam to alert gmail that they should be filtered up front.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
B

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I didn't know there was a difference in filtering / sending to spam between gmail on my pc and gmail in my iPad and iPhone. I marked them as spam here on my iPad. Do I need to do same on my iPhone? Additionally, I found no filtering options on gmail iPad as is available in gmail on my pc. Hoping spam took care of it. Thanks for the iDevices lesson.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I meant go to the gmail web mail screen in your PC browser, and create some filters on the gmail server. It won't matter what app or platform you use to retrieve mail, the server will filter your mail before sending it out.

OP
B

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had alreay created filters on my pc and they worked on my pc yet I would still receive the junk mails on my iDevices. Yesterday, I sent them to spam (older ones from my trash) and thus far, I have none. Wait and see.

Thank you

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The point is to make the filters at gmail's end, before the spam can get to your PC or iPad. Adding filters to your PC's email client won't work for your other devices, you have to do it in your gmail server settings, on the gmail.com website. Presumably you're using IMAP and not POP?

OP
B

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The point is to make the filters at gmail's end, before the spam can get to your PC or iPad. Adding filters to your PC's email client won't work for your other devices, you have to do it in your gmail server settings, on the gmail.com website. Presumably you're using IMAP and not POP?

I have no idea about IMAP or POP. They will be set at whatever the default was years ago when I began using gmail. To be honest, I had no idea there was a gmail.com site. Thought it all took place in my little gmail on my pc and now here. Showing my ignorance here; just went to gmail.com and it went to my "normal" gmail account. A major difference between accessing gmail on my ipad and pc is the settings tool. On my ipad, the only thing in gmail settings is basically centered around my signature block on gmail replies. Kind of goofy. I do recall imap / pop settings and having no understanding of what they actually do. Should I get on my pc and make sure one or the other is checked, etc? Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts