What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help to justify not returning Ipad 2

maroco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been looking into ipad and asus ep121 and i finally went and purchased the ipad 2. I play music in bars and restaurants and would love to replace my old notebooks full of music with one of the 2 devices. What i need is a way to create documents with the lyrics and chords of the songs and put the ipad on a music stand and be able to search for songs and view songs quickly. So far i have not been able to do this. The ipad does not come with a good document viewer and i am not sure if docs to go or pages has the ability to auto scroll or turn the page for me automatically some of the music is 2 pages long and I need a way to view it.

In addition to that the ipad has no way to create albums under the photo app and that is unacceptable unless there is another way to do this that makes the ipad a very poor photo organizer.

garage band and imovie i thought were coming with the device but those have to be purchased separate. This is also a bit crazy when windows comes with movie maker and you can download programs like audacity to do a lot of recording for free.

The Ipad seems to me to be very limited compared to a device like the ep121. windows 7 on a tablet gives you a lot of functionality without having to buy $100 worth of apps.

I want to keep the Ipad but i need someone to help me justify it. I purchased the 64gb black and was hoping to use the space to record audio edit video and organize and store photos from my canon T2i. I have not been able to accomplish any of this out of the box. Please advise.

OP
M

maroco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have looked into the ultimate-guitar app but I need a way to save the guitar tabs to the ipad so that i can access it where i do not have wifi or 3g.

OP
M

maroco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
update: I purchased ultimate-guitar app and it looks like it is saving the tabs and is not requiring that i am on the internet to access them. I am very excited about this. This could be a big step toward keeping this thing. I think i am going to purchase garageband also. What is $5 anyway when i just spent 1000 on this thing. Right?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Both of these app guides are a bit dated, but they should give you a place to start your research.

iPad Apps/Games : Music Composition Apps For The iPad

iPad Apps/Games : Sheet Music Readers For iPad

There are also a few alternate photo archive and display apps. I'm not using any, so I won't make suggestions. But you are not stuck with the built in app for storing and viewing photos. You may have to use the Photos app as an in-between if you want to move pictures directly off the camera.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
my issue is auto page turning. i too am a guitarist and usually write my own paper page arrangement of chords/tabs for my music stand.

i'm also looking for an app i can transfer all this too, with auto page turning.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been looking into ipad and asus ep121 and i finally went and purchased the ipad 2. I play music in bars and restaurants and would love to replace my old notebooks full of music with one of the 2 devices. What i need is a way to create documents with the lyrics and chords of the songs and put the ipad on a music stand and be able to search for songs and view songs quickly. So far i have not been able to do this. The ipad does not come with a good document viewer and i am not sure if docs to go or pages has the ability to auto scroll or turn the page for me automatically some of the music is 2 pages long and I need a way to view it.

In addition to that the ipad has no way to create albums under the photo app and that is unacceptable unless there is another way to do this that makes the ipad a very poor photo organizer.

garage band and imovie i thought were coming with the device but those have to be purchased separate. This is also a bit crazy when windows comes with movie maker and you can download programs like audacity to do a lot of recording for free.

The Ipad seems to me to be very limited compared to a device like the ep121. windows 7 on a tablet gives you a lot of functionality without having to buy $100 worth of apps.

I want to keep the Ipad but i need someone to help me justify it. I purchased the 64gb black and was hoping to use the space to record audio edit video and organize and store photos from my canon T2i. I have not been able to accomplish any of this out of the box. Please advise.

On MacMall they are offering MacBook Air for about $900. This has 128 GB storage and is a full laptop, but very light, larger screen and decent battery life. This is a full OS Mac. Check it out ... might be better for you.

Last edited:

NickleRuth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out OnSong. OnSong - chordsheet management for live musicians I've been using it on my first generation iPad for a few weeks for playing piano at church (I use chord charts only). I just got an iPad 2 so my husband and I could quit fighting over it!!! You can pull chord charts off the internet, import pdf's, create set lists and most important to me you can transpose at the touch of one button. I'm in love with this ap!!!

OP
M

maroco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think on song will work better for me because it is designed for guitar players for score looks cool but I do not need sheet music as much as I need guitar tabs onscore is $5 so I am going to look more into it before I get it. But everyone is putting in some great info thanks so much for your input I am considering keeping the iPad more and more everyday

Does onscore allow your to input tabs from ultimate-guitar? If so how easy is it?

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On MacMall they are offering MacBook Air for about $900. This has 128 GB storage and is a full laptop, but very light, larger screen and decent battery life. This is a full OS Mac. Check it out ... might be better for you.
That's what the Borromeo Quartet uses --

borromeo.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts