What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help restoring my ipad 1

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My ipad 1 is on 5.1.1, I updated the cydia files and now it wont open so I tried to do a restore DFU mode by installing the same firmware. I tried several times but iTunes wont recongnize my ipad at all, it says cant found ipad. My usb cable is fine because I tested it with my iphone and itunes opened up. Is there anything else I could try before calling it quits? thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My ipad 1 is on 5.1.1, I updated the cydia files and now it wont open so I tried to do a restore DFU mode by installing the same firmware. I tried several times but iTunes wont recongnize my ipad at all, it says cant found ipad. My usb cable is fine because I tested it with my iphone and itunes opened up. Is there anything else I could try before calling it quits? thanks
Have you tried putting your iPad into recovery mode and restoring from there? http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did and it says one of the USB device on this computer is malfunction and not recognize. I just restored my iPad and iPhone two months ago using this cable. What else can I try to do?

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did and uninstall antivirus as we'll and now it's throwing 1602 error code. I give up, besides iPad 1 is limited on apps because of its firmware. Looking into replacing it with iPad Mini, just not sure which one.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried restoring your iPad on another computer, just in case your problem is caused by a hardware issue on your computer?

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't have another computer, only have laptop. I'll see if I can find a service shop that can restore a jailbroken device. I'm using my laptop to back up my iPhone and it's fine.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm thinking of using tiny umbrella, what do you think? haven't used it before.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's best to keep this discussion on either iPhoneForums or iPadForums, since you're posting the same issue and results/discussion on both ends, there'll be a lot of confusion going back and forth to resolve the same issue.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry, just desperate to get more suggestions. Now that this is not going to get resolve, it's going to be closed. You can close the thread if you choose.

Most reactions

Latest posts