Need help printing wirelessly with ipad to Hp 4500 printer

Discussion in 'AirPrint' started by Keleighsc, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Keleighsc

Keleighsc iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HOw do I print from iPad to HP printer? Not sure what if anything I am to do printer or pad. Have an app and have iCloud installed. Help!!

2. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,062 / 0
    Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

Printers that are Air Print compatible can print via a wireless connection on the same Wi-Fi network w/o additional software - unfortunately, your HP printer does not seem to be on the list offering this Apple option - check HERE - Air Print for further information - sorry!

Now there are plenty of other third party options to provide 'wireless printing' to a non-Air Print device - the one that I use on my Canon Pixma printer is called FingerPrint - check HERE for further details - cost is $10 and you'll need to download a small program to your computer only; both the computer/printer & the iPad will need to be on the same Wi-Fi network - others may 'chime in' w/ other options - good luck and let us know your results!

3. Destroyer

Destroyer iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    get an app that help you on that!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

4. ronantonio

ronantonio iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I initially looked into the Lantronix xPrintserver for $150.00 (149.95 US) but the fact that it's only preordered right now and functionally expensive vaporware, led me to look elsewhere. Just installed FingerPrint by Collobos Software for $9.99 and it works beautifully. Printed from my iPhone and iPad with no problem scaling graphics or text so far. Hope that works for you.

5. Husq250

Husq250 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Yeah you'll need to either get a different air print compatible printer or install a print app. I use Printer pro for around $6 I think and it works very well for me. The only glitch is Bluetooth needs to be turned off to print quickly, otherwise it's slow.