What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help printing wirelessly with ipad to Hp 4500 printer

Keleighsc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HOw do I print from iPad to HP printer? Not sure what if anything I am to do printer or pad. Have an app and have iCloud installed. Help!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

Printers that are Air Print compatible can print via a wireless connection on the same Wi-Fi network w/o additional software - unfortunately, your HP printer does not seem to be on the list offering this Apple option - check HERE - Air Print for further information - sorry!

Now there are plenty of other third party options to provide 'wireless printing' to a non-Air Print device - the one that I use on my Canon Pixma printer is called FingerPrint - check HERE for further details - cost is $10 and you'll need to download a small program to your computer only; both the computer/printer & the iPad will need to be on the same Wi-Fi network - others may 'chime in' w/ other options - good luck and let us know your results!

ronantonio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keleighsc said:
HOw do I print from iPad to HP printer? Not sure what if anything I am to do printer or pad. Have an app and have iCloud installed. Help!!

I initially looked into the Lantronix xPrintserver for $150.00 (149.95 US) but the fact that it's only preordered right now and functionally expensive vaporware, led me to look elsewhere. Just installed FingerPrint by Collobos Software for $9.99 and it works beautifully. Printed from my iPhone and iPad with no problem scaling graphics or text so far. Hope that works for you.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah you'll need to either get a different air print compatible printer or install a print app. I use Printer pro for around $6 I think and it works very well for me. The only glitch is Bluetooth needs to be turned off to print quickly, otherwise it's slow.

Most reactions

Latest posts