What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help "Paralyzed IPAD Screen)

tunap1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem with my ipad. (Ipad 1 32 GB Wi-Fi). 4 months ago my IPAD got an impact from its screen. The LCD screen broke. I changed the LCD screen completely with the digitilizer.

However, after that a part of the screen is paralysis. I changed the screen 3 times but same failure occurs again. Position of the paralysis part is: IPAD is staying vertical (hoome button below). Imagine that you draw a imaginary line in the middle of the vertical IPAD from left to right. Approx. 1 cm under of this imaginary line. This is where the paralysis part start (height: 1 cm./ wide: left to tight).

I talked with a service they can't find any solution. If you saw any failure like this, Do you have any idea which part is affacted in the failure?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4 months ago my IPAD got an impact from its screen. The LCD screen broke. I changed the LCD screen completely with the digitilizer.

An impact from it's screen? Something hit the screen? I am not understanding what you mean you "changed the LCD screen with a digitilizer?"

Perhaps someone else can chime in...

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
An impact from it's screen? Something hit the screen? I am not understanding what you mean you "changed the LCD screen with a digitilizer?"

Perhaps someone else can chime in...

Yep, and replacement lcd screen, diy by the sounds of things

If several screens have been tried, then it sounds like something else is also broken or you could just be unlucky

OP
T

tunap1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, something hit the screen and it is broken. After i changed the screen(digitilizer + LCD) the failure that defined above is occur. I changed the screen to check is the screen have a failure. The new screen gave the same failure again.

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you turn the ipad 90/180 degrees, is the part that does not respond in the same place?

If it is in the same place, then i'd hazard a guess that something else was damaged between the screen and graphics chip, if not then i've no idea

Last edited:
OP
T

tunap1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@HedgeHogLuvva: yes, if turn the ipad 90/180 degrees, the part that does not respond in the same place.

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tunap1980 said:
@HedgeHogLuvva: yes, if turn the ipad 90/180 degrees, the part that does not respond in the same place.

Sounds like another component was damaged, but before you go buying more replacement bits, try holding down the home button and power button until you see the apple logo, worth a try.

I've not seen under the screen of an ipad, but i'd guess that there is a cable that connects the screen to the mainboard, check that cable for damage, if there isn't a cable or there is no damage to the cable, also look for damage/scratch on the mainboard, one of the lines from the screen to the graphics chip could be cut, a bit of solder might fix it, otherwise then it looks like a new mainboard, and i'd guess it'll be almost the price of a new ipad...

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tunap1980 said:
thanx. Will check the cable.

No probs and good luck.

If everything is ok, you could look for damaged ipads where the damage is just outside, or just the screen for example, and build a working ipad out of the 2 non working ipads

Most reactions