What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help importing contacts from csv file into ipad contacts

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

With regard to your question, AFAIK there isn't a way to import a .csv file directly into the Contacts App on your iPad. Apps like Numbers and QuickOffce will open .csv files, but I don't think that's what you're looking for. The only way to do what you want would be to import the .csv file into Contacts on a Mac or Address Book on a PC and then sync with your iPad. More here:

iOS: How to transfer or sync content to your computer

Others may have some additional suggestions.

Welcome again and enjoy!

keesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I have a backup of my Hotmail contacts saved in the form of a csv file on my PC. I no longer have access to my Hotmail account. I would like to import my contacts to my new iPhone. How is that possible? Maybe I can sync the file with iTunes?

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
porrilaster said:
Have no clue what to do!

To import your contact information into your iPad, first you need to import the comma separated value file, or file with the CSV file extension, that contains your contacts. You import this file into a contact application, such as Apple's Address Book or Microsoft's Outlook Express. Then you sync your iPad to that application to save the contacts to the device. Before you connect your iPad to your computer for synchronization, look over the imported contacts to confirm that the information was transferred to the appropriate sections, as importing contacts can cause information to shuffle.

Most reactions