What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help getting large videos off iPad

juniorgolf18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took some videos on my iPad and I can't transfer them off. I've tried itunes, but when move to computer the icon shows up but is empty. Can't email, too large, can't upload from ipad to youtube, too large. They are about 3gb apiece. 3 of them.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

MG

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry...it is a while since I've done this so I'm only doing this from memory. I took a large video (about 20 mins long) on my iPad then transferred it to my pc. I'm not a techno wizard, and I don't remember it being a big problem, so I think I must have just connected up my ipad then a window appeared asking if I wanted to transfer photos and videos. I think the iPad also shows as a drive on My Computers and you can drag and drop photo roll photos and videos from there on to the pc.

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi. Me again! I've just tested it with a short video I've made and the iPad does show as an external drive in My Computers. Click on it then open the internal storage folder then the DCIM folder and your video should show up there, all ready to drag and drop where you want it on your computer.

OP
J

juniorgolf18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying this. When I opened My Computers the iPad showed up under "Cameras and Scanners" -- will update.

OP
J

juniorgolf18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, it creates a file but it seems to be copying but it eventually stops processing and there are 0 bytes in the file. Not working. Ugh.

There has got to be some way to get them off or up to youtube.

Most reactions

Latest posts