What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help finding my Cydia backup whn i first jailbroke

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was already jailbrioken up till a couple days ago. I figured apple did something over the air to make my device not wrk n have to upgrade firmware. I seriously believe they remotely did this. But anyways, i got the ipad back wrkin but now i have the new dreaded 3.2.2 firmware. I keep reading or hearing about being able to downgrade firmware, especially if the ssh blops or whateva they called were saved. Well when i first jailbroke, Cydia successfully backed up that firmware i was on then, 3.2.1.
NOW, how do i recover that saved file cydia should have on my ipad. I went to cydia from the browser but i dont see anything pertaining to that. I remember when i was jailbroke, n went to cydia, it would always say my ssh or repositories successfully backed up n on file. If im not jailbroke anymore, how do i go to cydia from safari and recover or start the downgrade process to my previous saved image? Any help or insight greatly appreciated. P.s. Ipad not soo bad not jailbroken but damn, i need the multitasking at least. Lmfao. That was mainly what i jailbroke in the first palce for. If no solution then oh well, i guess i have to wait for the new ipad update in sept/nov.

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything qbout this? When i first jailbroke, on Cydia i had them save/backup the firmware/shsh blops or whatever. Now that i was forced into 3.2.2, how do i recover that since im not jailbroke and dont have cydia icon. I went to cydia from safari web browser. It looks the same but i dont see or cant find where that file was saved to try to downgrade. Once i find it, how do i go about downgrading? Thnx in advance for some insight

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was already jailbrioken up till a couple days ago. I figured apple did something over the air to make my device not wrk n have to upgrade firmware. I seriously believe they remotely did this.
"Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you..." LMAO!!!

Holoshed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I have no idea why more people Have not replied here but let me break it down for you.

I may be new to this forum but not new in general (have my own cell phone forum) but let me be blunt here. Apple does not do this. I am sorry and you can swear they did but it did not happen. More than likely you clicked the button to install it one day when you hooked it up to load or charge it. There is no magic fairy that goes in and makes you iOs update.

For how to see if you have the right shsh for 3.2.1 then google tinyumbrella and then well start there first lol.

If you use advanced mode you can set source as sauriks server then veer as 3.2.1 then try to pull the shsh, if it says not found then you never backed it up.

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thnkx, ill check it out. I wasnt too serious but it seemed mighty strange how my ipad reset n all of that had to happen. Im on 3.2.2. Only thing im really missing being jailbrike is the Backgrounder, mx tube, some cool winterboard themes. Im awaitin the big update from apple.

rmart73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
use tiny umbrella to save your shsh files so you can downgrade with out iTunes. Its been updated for the 4.2 release happening soon. The GM has got release today for dev's. Public Release should be in a few weeks....hopefully

dcv1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
since you said you have your 3.2.1 shsh blobs saved thru cydia then for sure you can restore it back to that firmware.

Most reactions

Latest posts