1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Need help finding deleted files...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by blac2k8cs, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blac2k8cs

blac2k8cs iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To make a long story short, I was trying to get around the sandbox issue encountered while making in app purchases on a jailbroken device. I went into var/private/stash and accidentally deleted 2 files using ifile on my iPad. The 2 files are installed.backup and installed_mount_helper. Where can I find these files to reinstall? I have looked everywhere and nothing. I am on 4.2.1 jailbroken with green poison. I tried rejailbreaking but it's a system file so it doesn't work. My iPad will not go past the boot screen. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
  2. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    Sorry dude, convince me you are not encountering the sandbox issue due to the use of pirated / cracked apps and I'll try and help. AFAIK, that's the only reason that you should be stuck in the sandbox, and we don't condone or support piracy here.
  3. blac2k8cs

blac2k8cs iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It has absolutely nothing to do with cracked or pirated apps. I am trying to make in app purchases from a legitimate free app I downloaded from iTunes(world war). Because my iPad is jailbroken I am unable to make in app purchases. Any help you can provide in helping me recover the files I deleted would be greatly appreciated.
  4. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    I believe you are trying to make a purchase in a legitimate app, that's not the issue.
    It's just the rest of the story that does not stack up. Your legitimate app could see that installd was patched, and the primary candidate for that is our most hated of all piracy enabling applications. Nothing else fits based on your reply. Sorry.
    Best advice is to restore your iPad to factory settings so that installd is put back to a working configuration for your device, and of course my advice would be don't then install anything which messes with installd in the future.
    I won't issue an infraction this time, but I'm going to close this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.