What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help finding deleted files...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blac2k8cs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To make a long story short, I was trying to get around the sandbox issue encountered while making in app purchases on a jailbroken device. I went into var/private/stash and accidentally deleted 2 files using ifile on my iPad. The 2 files are installed.backup and installed_mount_helper. Where can I find these files to reinstall? I have looked everywhere and nothing. I am on 4.2.1 jailbroken with green poison. I tried rejailbreaking but it's a system file so it doesn't work. My iPad will not go past the boot screen. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry dude, convince me you are not encountering the sandbox issue due to the use of pirated / cracked apps and I'll try and help. AFAIK, that's the only reason that you should be stuck in the sandbox, and we don't condone or support piracy here.

OP
B

blac2k8cs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has absolutely nothing to do with cracked or pirated apps. I am trying to make in app purchases from a legitimate free app I downloaded from iTunes(world war). Because my iPad is jailbroken I am unable to make in app purchases. Any help you can provide in helping me recover the files I deleted would be greatly appreciated.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe you are trying to make a purchase in a legitimate app, that's not the issue.
It's just the rest of the story that does not stack up. Your legitimate app could see that installd was patched, and the primary candidate for that is our most hated of all piracy enabling applications. Nothing else fits based on your reply. Sorry.
Best advice is to restore your iPad to factory settings so that installd is put back to a working configuration for your device, and of course my advice would be don't then install anything which messes with installd in the future.
I won't issue an infraction this time, but I'm going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts