What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help Fast

Juniormatthews

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, im a new member on these forums. Ive ran into my first major problem with the ipad 2 since getting it over three months ago. It seems that when using safari or even accessing the app store or itunes store there is problems that i never seen before. Im using wifi and its showing a strong connection, but alot of images/thumbnails, etc are refusing to load, leaving only a ? Mark in thumbnail boxes. Ive tried hard resetting, resetting network, and pretty much every other trick i could think of. On my mac things are running smoothly wirelessly, and for the most part, alot of other stuff is running smoothly on the actual ipad 2 except for this slowness and refusal to finish loading images. Im not too tech savvy, so any help is appreciated...i count on this device as a huge part of my studying when away from home

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So ~ you have tried holding the power button and the home button down at the same time until you see the Apple logo ~ about 10 secs?

Let it reboot.

OP
J

Juniormatthews

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So ~ you have tried holding the power button and the home button down at the same time until you see the Apple logo ~ about 10 secs?

Let it reboot.

Yes i tried that. I hold both buttons down until i see the logo, then i let go. It starts back up in a minute, and still same issues. Its strange because im using these forums with no problem, but itunes store, app store, and even netflix is not loading all images of thumbnails. Its also loading everything else slower than usual too

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would think if things fail to load all the way, your Internet connection is lacking.

But really ~ I have no clue.:(. Let's see what others chime in with.

OP
J

Juniormatthews

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually just tried another hard reset and then tried to open netflix. It took 3 minutes of loading then just lead to a white sceen. I really have no idea how some apps are working fine, but others are acting up. I really have no idea how to fix this

OP
J

Juniormatthews

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can find answers? Ive tried the official apple forums, calling up apple support, and googling my issues. I cant even understand the guy on the phone who keeps telling me to restore it to factory settings. Ive already reset network settings, hard reset quite a few times and still this crazy issue.

albert2k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have problem with my iphone a time ago, i just rest the system like new, reinstall all the aplication and that fix my problem. I hope this help you.

OP
J

Juniormatthews

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but i was trying to avoid restoring to factory settings. Really trying to use that as a last possible option being that i might lose some data on one of my apps

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even with strong wifi "signal/bars" the iPad can act funky. Try turning wifi off, and "forgetting" network, then turn wifi on, and re-enter it. Also, even though your mac works, reboot your router.

OP
J

Juniormatthews

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant forget network after shutting wifi off first. I can only forget network then shut off wifi. I tried that quite a few times as well as rebooting the router. Now the apps in question are eventually loading, but sometimes missing images or leaving only question marks

Most reactions