What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need for authorising computer everytime ipad2 is connected to PC.

jcodefish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i have been facing a very annoying popup on itunes recently. It asks for authorising my computer evertime i connect my jailbroken ipad2. how can i solve this issue? kindly help!

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The same happened to me when I was on 5.0.1

Update to 5.1.1 and jb again resolved it.

I never found out what caused it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since iOS 6 is being released very shortly, you may wish to consider upgrading to iOS 5.1.1 before Apple stops signing it, otherwise you will have to wait for a jailbreak for iOS 6 to update your iPad while keeping the ability to jailbreak it.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, i have been facing a very annoying popup on itunes recently. It asks for authorising my computer evertime i connect my jailbroken ipad2. how can i solve this issue? kindly help!

Seems to be unusual. Can you clarify? Are you actually authorising it every time you connect, or are you choosing not to authorise it and you just want to know how to avoid the message?

OP
jcodefish

jcodefish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Seems to be unusual. Can you clarify? Are you actually authorising it every time you connect, or are you choosing not to authorise it and you just want to know how to avoid the message?

hi guys..thanks for the reply..im using ios 5.1.1 and yes i have to actually authorise my pc everytime i connect my ipad2 and i cant avoid it.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK then, when I've seen this happen before it was similar to what Gzoladz was mentioning above. It seems to be related to a file corruption. The way it's been resolved in the past is (unfortunately) to restore the iPad to latest IOS and pair / sync it with the PC fresh. You should find the authorisation sticks after the first time you sync after you restore it.

Sorry, I don't know of any other workaround.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
OK then, when I've seen this happen before it was similar to what Gzoladz was mentioning above. It seems to be related to a file corruption. The way it's been resolved in the past is (unfortunately) to restore the iPad to latest IOS and pair / sync it with the PC fresh. You should find the authorisation sticks after the first time you sync after you restore it.

Sorry, I don't know of any other workaround.

Mmmmm I am wondering what file on the ipad that is and what tweak would be messing that file....

OP
jcodefish

jcodefish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess i should just wait for ios 6. until then i would not be syncing my ipad as i do not know the cause of this error. either something is wrong with my ipad or my pc or both. one more thing to add is that all my saved games are lost if i dont sync my ipad. have tried it twice. so all i can do is to avoid connecting my ipad with my pc. thanks for the reply guys. ;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts