What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Case Recommendation

wayner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need advice choosing a case for an iPad Air2. I want a case that is fairly thin but one that allows the iPad to stand up out various angles. So something like the Apple SmartCase, except a case that gives you more flexibility in the viewing angles when you stand the device up.

Anyone have any suggestions?

punishedprimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score

GDsunshine

iPF Novice
Reaction score
im diggin the urban gear one

Good choice of yours [emoji4]

I have iPad Air and using OtterBox defender its perfect . Rumors soon they'll be making for iPad Air2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

OP
W

wayner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some of these cases are no better than Apple's SmartCase when it comes to stand up angles - as I said in the OP I am looking for a stand that lets you adjust the standup viewing angle. I also said that I was looking for something thin - the Urban Armor case looks very thick and is going to triple the thickness of an Air 2.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I need advice choosing a case for an iPad Air2. I want a case that is fairly thin but one that allows the iPad to stand up out various angles. So something like the Apple SmartCase, except a case that gives you more flexibility in the viewing angles when you stand the device up.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Well, also depends on the $$ you want to spend - I just received my new iPad Air 2 and went w/ Apples 'Midnight Blue' Smart Case, which is thin and protects front & back; the front case has 3 sections which makes for a more stable horizontal stand (vs. my 4-section one on an iPad 2), but does not permit a vertical stand. The case fits the new iPad snugly, sets the device to sleep, and is made of leather - $79 @ the Apple store. I've not tried other cases to provide an alternate recommendation. Dave :)

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think my next case for my Air2 will be the Apple Smart Cover. Just not sure which color yet.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm quite satisfied with the Apple smart case for my Air 2. I'll you will be hard pressed to find a slim case that gives horizontal and vertical viewing angles. Perhaps a separate stand is in order?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm quite satisfied with the Apple smart case for my Air 2. I'll you will be hard pressed to find a slim case that gives horizontal and vertical viewing angles. Perhaps a separate stand is in order?

I'm using the same smart case w/ my new iPad Air 2 and am happy w/ the triangular folding of the top cover as a horizontal stand - I've own the fold up stand shown below for nearly 4 years (purchased for my iPad 2 back in 2011) which allows both horizontal & vertical positioning of the device - still in my travel tote bag but rarely used now. Dave :)
41VXqSrbEsL.jpg

Splashy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gali-nir.com

The Moshi Versacover for iPad Air 2 has both horizontal and vertical viewing angles and it's very slim.
I bought it from Amazon and I really like it.

Most reactions

Latest posts