1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Need Advice For Visit to UK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by hazelrvd, Jun 9, 2012.

1. hazelrvd

hazelrvd iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Newbie from England,
    I first of all want to apologies for not being able to answer your question. I am new to the forum and noticed you are a Newbie so I was hoping you could help me! I live in the Netherlands, my father has been taken into hospital for an emergency operation, so I would like to know how I can hook up my ipad2 to the Internet when I go to the UK?

Thanks for any help
    Newbie in The Netherlands
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,730 / 0
    Hi, hazel, and welcome to the forum! Good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your visits.

I've moved your post to its own separate thread. It would have gotten lost in the thread to which you posted (not to mention that thread hijacking is against the forum rules).

I don't really have an answer for you. Hopefully, someone in the UK will be along shortly to give advice. Good luck to you and your father.

Marilyn
  3. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    What advice are you after?

The Archangel
  4. hazelrvd

hazelrvd iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for your reply, I need to know how I can access the Internet for my iPad.when I am in uk. I will be staying at my fathers house, and I think he is connected via BT. My father is in hospital so things are a bit stressful I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks
    Newbie in The Netherlands
  5. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    If he is with BT he should have a wireless HomeHub, you can connect to this (the password is written on the back of the HomeHub). This will give you broadband speeds.

The Archangel