What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a texting app

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have google voice for my side business, I never looked to see if it can do text messaging. That would be pretty neat - particularly if they would make an app for it. You really need something that can push notifications to your device though, a web interface cant really do that.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Google voice. It will do exactly what the op was looking for.

You access Google Voice via the browser. I don't think there is an app for it.

SunnyFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So if somebody sends a text message to my current cell # it will show up on GV? Kind of confusing.

SunnyFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score

but I think I can figure it out. Maybe

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Text Free is the best I have found. You get a real number assigned to you that you can give people to text you on. It is a static number just like a cell phone. I dont know of any other service that does that.

The down side is that its iPhone only right now, so you have to deal with a tiny screen or grainy graphics and the iPhone keyboard (yuck).

The graphics on the 2X are fine and the keyboard works well. I don't have a gripe with it.

Temp40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.tabletbuzzblog.com
just a suggestion, it's not a specific iPad app for texting, but can be used to make texting quicker since you say you do a fair amount of it, I just read about an iPad app today called TextExpander you might want to check out

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Text Free is the best I have found. You get a real number assigned to you that you can give people to text you on. It is a static number just like a cell phone. I dont know of any other service that does that.

The down side is that its iPhone only right now, so you have to deal with a tiny screen or grainy graphics and the iPhone keyboard (yuck).

The graphics on the 2X are fine and the keyboard works well. I don't have a gripe with it.
Yeah, its "good enough". I got spoiled using the TextPlus iPad version. It would be so much better if TextFree would do something like that.

SunnyFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gang that's what I'm not looking for - I have text free and it works great - but if I've texted someone from textfree and they return the text it doesn't go to my cell - just my ipad. I'm not going to ask everyone I know to send texts to 2 numbers.

I think the cell phone would need to have a Fwd. option for this to work. I looled through my phones options and could not locate anything.

Like everyone els I have had the same cell# for years and don't want to give out another # to get text on iPad but would be nice to get them pushed to the iPad.

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reading this post I like to try text free. But,

I cannot find text free apps . Hope some one can provide me the link.

Most reactions

Latest posts