1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Need A Shadow Gun Tip

Discussion in 'iPad Games' started by TonyPie, Oct 4, 2011.

1. TonyPie

TonyPie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm playing Shadowgun and am at Level 3. I'm running through a cave and arrive a a location to pick-up a key-card. After the key-card is picked-up some cave door opens and the "Driller" appears. I yell "Oh Hell!!!" None of my weapons work to stop the driller, I try to run away from the driller, but always get killed. What do I need to do to overcome the Driller? :mad:
  2. MysterioMx

MysterioMx iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mee too i stay the same problem, help!! It's desperate
  3. Trebor1961

Trebor1961 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Use igniters to destroy driller

Once the driller starts you have to run back the way you came and turn back on the igniters by shooting at the
    Targets. As driller goes through each one it loses energy, you can tell this by looking at energy bar at top of screen. You need driller to go through all four igniters to destroy it. This is very tricky to do as you seem to either have to run backwards shooting targets or turn very quickly to hit them.

The best I have managed is hitting three of them so don't know what happens next as I keep being killed.

I have game on Easy so hate to think how hard it would be to do on Hard.
  4. TonyPie

TonyPie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't seem turn back so I can shoot the targets to turn on the igniters, I've tried practicing running back without starting the Driller, but when approaching the turned-off igniters, something kills me either from the side or back, so I can't shoot the circular spinning target from the front. I tried shooting the circular target from the back to no effect. This is in Version 1.0.2 which supposedly fixes the Driller in Level 4 (per the description for Version 1.0.2). The Driller kills me in Level 3. The Developer, Madfinger, either needs to update or provide some info on how to kill the Driller. I'm playing in Easy Mode, so until a solution is found, I can't play any farther.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  5. funtoosh

funtoosh iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I am also having same issue, finally gave up on this game
  6. Trebor1961

Trebor1961 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    walk through on YouTube

There is a walk through on YouTube (won't let me post link but try searching for Shadowgun HD trailer Part 6) which shows that you do need to use igniters to destroy the driller. I have still not been able to use three before I am killed and you need all four but it is definitely the right approach.
  7. TonyPie

TonyPie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the tip Trebor, those vids by touchgameplay are very good. Had a hard time locating them but putting "Shadowgun HD trailer Part 6" in the YouTube search box window located it right away. After watching the vid, I could see how touchgameplay overcame the Driller. However, I'm playing the updated version 1.0.2 which instead of fixing the Driller seemed to make it worse, at least for me. In the updated version when I run back, I get killed by something as I approach the igniter, even when the igniter is turned off. I'm not getting killed by the Driller, I getting killed by something else, not sure what it is. The igniter is off, no white beam signifying the igniter is turn-on is showing. Looking a little closer Iseems that the turned-off igniter is somehow shooting an object at and killing me, it's not that the igniter is active (no beam is showing), its like a shot coming from the darkened igniter. Now this wasn't what was happening before I installed the update to Ver. 1.0.2, back then I could run backwards past the turned-off igniter, shoot at the circular target and activate the igniter, now after updating the game, I can't seem to that, arghhh!!
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  8. alvino

alvino iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After taking key card immediately run backwards and shoot the first igniter. Turn around as quickly as you can and run through the maze of rocks. Turn around as quickly as possible to shoot the second igniter. Instead of turning around again run backwards through the last two igniters. Remember to keep gun aimed high.
  9. Trebor1961

Trebor1961 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the suggestion Alvino; I will give it a try. It is definitely a problem with the game design though, I don't mind a difficult section that you have to repeat several times or have to work out a strategy but the iPad screen controls are not well suited to pixel perfect moves which this section seem to require.

It is always the driller that catches me so don't know what to suggest for TonyPie.

Perhaps the developer will issue a further update to sort the problem. It's a shame because in many ways it is an excellent game with great graphics for the iPad.
  10. Trebor1961

Trebor1961 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Finally managed to get past this section using Alvino's tip. I found that I had to shoot the igniter as soon as I had gone under it. Keep gun aiming high and you only need to hit the target once. If you keep repeating it you work out where is the best position to turn, shoot and run. For the first igniter run backwards and have gun aiming high so that as soon as you are past the igniter you can fire. You really can't waste a millisecond, it took many goes to get the final igniter without being killed. I was making mistake oftrying to run back too far before shootingbthe igniter, you haveto turn amd shootbin one fluid movement. The first time I managed it the game crashed and it hadn't saved my position! When you do defeat it go on past a few save points as you don't want to have to do it again. After that game seems to be at a more normal difficulty setting. There is lots more to do after the Driller so it is worth trying again to get past it.
  11. TonyPie

TonyPie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here's a soluntion to my problem that is listed a few posts above, I couldn't get past the turned-off igniters before being mysteriously killed. I found the developer's website, Madfinger, they added a support page to their site, I received the below email from them: If this bug happened before1.0.2, you have to start campaign again.. I feel really sorry aboutit ;( Marek R.
    What this meant, was to delete my progress in the game since I started the campaign before ver. 1.0.2 began, then updated the game to 1.0.2 which created a bug in the Driller sequence of the game. After starting all over from the beginning I no longer get mysteriously killed, I'm now trying to get past the third igniter.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
  12. IraQi_Cr7

IraQi_Cr7 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

loooool :p it is hard im not gunna lie i have it on hard level tbh it took me like 3-4 tries it was jus a matter of knowin wht to do for me first then jus tryin it .. soo ya im sure the mistake yu guyz are havin is trynna run backwards and hittin that igniters thing thats hardd tho actually wont workk .... What i did was harder but worked , yu gotta run away not facin tha driller and as soon as yu pass one of those igniters yu turnn back run backwards and hit then switch facin away run look back hit and go .. Yu shud hav enuff time cuz they slow tha driller down .... goodluck guyz btw plz if any of yu can help me im at tha last assembly noww thatts hard o_O
  13. IraQi_Cr7

IraQi_Cr7 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

****t that really sucks .. im kinda guessin here, probably tha green stuff on tha ground ? They're all over tha place i went over them nothin happend but myybe in tha passed version they were harmfull ? duno man keep tryin
  14. JohnKastner

JohnKastner iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Trying to kill the giant robot dude that is the doctor seams like it will just never happen.is there a trick?
    I'm about to give up on this game, and think it can suck a bag of dicks.
    I have been trying for weeks, and I just can even come close.
    Help!!!!!!!!!
  15. Mauleflyer

Mauleflyer iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dude I agree, can't seem to find a solution here either. There got to be a place to hide where you don't get shot. I've noticed that if you get right up to the gate in front of the Exo monster, he really can't hurt you but the other dudes still can.
  16. Rusko

Rusko iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  17. funtoosh

funtoosh iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
  18. mplscopper

mplscopper iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You need to shoot the green target above the lobster after it fires 3 missiles. Then you will damage it. Also to avoid the missiles use the dive roll button to avoid them.
  19. titan1

titan1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greetings Apple users, let an android user show you how to do it.lol, jk. To destroy the Driller, it will take you many attempts but it can be done. Running backwards hit jump roll, with your gun aimed high position , fire. Immediately turn and find a straight path. Hit jump and roll forward 3 * in a straight plane. Yes the rocks will be in your way so guide accordingly. Immediately turn to the right 180 aim high, shoot. The closer you are to being directly below in view of Target the better your chance. Running forward again jump roll 3 or 4 more times quickly turn and fire. The fourth will be the Most difficult simply due to time. Running forward jumping and Rolling as many times as it takes to get to the 4th target, go to the left side, quickly turn right firing up. The doors will come down on the driller and stop it. If you make any mistakes in the first targets and I mean any, let yourself get killed because you have to do it perfectly to make it to the end. If an old man can, do it..........

As for the large robot you need to simply go to the opposite side of the crane and hide behind out of his missile view. Once he fires the third missile, pop your head out and take out the green bulls eye. Keep repeating that until his energy is depleted. After killing him look up at the crane, locate the ladder and shoot it.

If you like this game you'll like Nova 3 better. I had to quit playing Mass Effect infiltrator because at the second ogre mech , the game kept crashing.
  20. Mompiris

Mompiris iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here is the clue. You will get shot or crunshed by the driller if you aint got no ammo. Just try to refill your weapon tapping on the weapon symbol and chose one with more than tree bullets in it. That will work!