What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need A New iPad

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad is crashing on every app. Last week I noticed that the charge isn’t lasting for too long. Yesterday everything crashed. Today is the same. Chrome, Safari and Firefox all crash and my aol email app crashes too. I’m hoping that I can post this without losing it.

I have the iPad 2 and need a comparable iPad. I have amnesia and a learning curve is not good for me.

Suggestins?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My iPad is crashing on every app. Last week I noticed that the charge isn’t lasting for too long. Yesterday everything crashed. Today is the same. Chrome, Safari and Firefox all crash and my aol email app crashes too. I’m hoping that I can post this without losing it.

I have the iPad 2 and need a comparable iPad. I have amnesia and a learning curve is not good for me....

Hi Pinkipad. - if you're talking about the iPad 2 in the Wiki listing below, your device is 10 years old, out of date for both hardware and software, and no longer supported - you don't want a 'comparable iPad but one that is MUCH newer, whether used, refurbished or new. Rather than trying to deal w/ your current issues on the old device (suggestions could be made but still do not address your need for a newer one, IMO).

Please provide some more information: 1) Do you want a new iPad or will a more recent used or refurb serve your needs; 2) What is your budget (i.e. an older model vs. a new iPad Pro are quite different in price); and 3) How have you been backing up your iPad - from your description, I'm not sure how easy your migration may be regarding retaining your data. Please provide some more guidance to help us give more specific advice. Dave :)

P.S. you may want to change your thread's title to an iPad rather than an iPhone.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 11.25.59 PM.png

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Pinkipad. - if you're talking about the iPad 2 in the Wiki listing below, your device is 10 years old, out of date for both hardware and software, and no longer supported - you don't want a 'comparable iPad but one that is MUCH newer, whether used, refurbished or new. Rather than trying to deal w/ your current issues on the old device (suggestions could be made but still do not address your need for a newer one, IMO).

Please provide some more information: 1) Do you want a new iPad or will a more recent used or refurb serve your needs; 2) What is your budget (i.e. an older model vs. a new iPad Pro are quite different in price); and 3) How have you been backing up your iPad - from your description, I'm not sure how easy your migration may be regarding retaining your data. Please provide some more guidance to help us give more specific advice. Dave :)

P.S. you may want to change your thread's title to an iPad rather than an iPhone.

View attachment 91079
Thank you, Dave. The iPad was crashing and my topic was wrong.

My budget is $325. Weekly backups are done automatically

My BFF suggested that a hard reset would help after I upgraded the software. Took an hour to manage the upgrade for download and then it worked. The hard reset took another hour. It apparently fixed the issue for now. The iPad is less than a year old and I bought it new from Apple.

I want a new one but without a learning curve. Simple and easy to use. I’m on my iPhone and I can’t read your notes. Later today I will come back and read your posts

Hopefully I answered your questions

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since your iPad was purchased new less than a year ago you should still be covered under the standard warranty if there are any hardware issues.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you, Dave. The iPad was crashing and my topic was wrong.

My budget is $325. Weekly backups are done automatically

My BFF suggested that a hard reset would help after I upgraded the software. Took an hour to manage the upgrade for download and then it worked. The hard reset took another hour. It apparently fixed the issue for now. The iPad is less than a year old and I bought it new from Apple.

I want a new one but without a learning curve. Simple and easy to use. I’m on my iPhone and I can’t read your notes. Later today I will come back and read your posts

Hopefully I answered your questions

Well, sorry but I was mislead when you said an iPad 2 in your original post, and above state that you bought it new from Apple less than a year ago - :confused:

But I agree w/ SciFan.. - the device (whatever model it may be?) should still be under warranty - not sure if you bought the device at an Apple store, online, or elsewhere, but Apple will likely replace yours w/ another; my iPad Pro in its 2nd year (I had purchased AppleCare) developed a screen 'glitch' - called Apple on the phone - they sent me a new one in a few days and I mailed the old one back to them - cost me nothing. Dave :)

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you. It’s the iPad 2 and I bought it a year ago from Apple, brand new. The support person gave me a coupon for $50 off the price. I still have the shipping box here.

I can’t call them due to disability. The email address that I have to contact them for help is not helpful. The response was to call them for help. I explained that I have to email but they didn’t respond yet.

I am plugged in and recharging. I began at 100% about three hours ago and I’m at 65% battery. When the battery won’t hold the charge despite being plugged in, I know that it’s dying.

I have a warranty extension from Upsie. They have the documents for the purchase date. I’ll email them but they will probably not replace the battery. But I’m hopeful!

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seventh generation iPad according to the receipt from Apple. May 5, 2020; was the purchase date . Settings says iPad.

Y’all know what version I have. I’d swear that I bought another iPad 2. Can I get a replacement for this model?

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personalized 10.2-inch iPad Wi-Fi 32GB - Gold

$329.99 same price as the other one

$250.00 trade-in credit

Hopefully my current case will fit the new one. Thanks for your help.

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you give us the model number from the back of the iPad that is giving problems? It should be something like: A2197

That will allow us to know exactly what we are dealing with.

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is the number for in the Settings panel? I can’t take my iPad out of the case to check the numbers. I see an MM code in Settings but I don’t know if this is the code.

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is the number for in the Settings panel? I can’t take my iPad out of the case to check the numbers. I see an MM code in Settings but I don’t know if this is the code.

Yes. Look in: Settings > General > About
and record the Model Number

Most reactions

Latest posts