What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a keyboard for iPad Pro 11"

Kevin_Barnes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to buy a keyboard and a keyboard case for my iPad Pro 11 inches. I want a keyboard that uses the smart connect and come specifically for iPad pro 11'' But t is okay if it's not apple because I have no idea to spend more than $180 for just a keyboard.
Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I need to buy a keyboard and a keyboard case for my iPad Pro 11 inches. I want a keyboard that uses the smart connect and come specifically for iPad pro 11'' But t is okay if it's not apple because I have no idea to spend more than $180 for just a keyboard.
Thanks.

Hi Kevin - I have the same iPad Pro, i.e. 11" model - have an old Apple BT KB from my iPad 2/Air 2 days that I took 'on the road' but now usually bring my MBAir, so no need for an iPad KB - but just took a look on the Apple website - you're right, $180! And, the reviews are rather mediocre w/ a lot of 1-2* reviews - I would also look elsewhere - found this Review, just published - a lot of reasonable ones at decent prices - check the Amazon reviews and their pricing; also, have you visited a local 'big box' store like Best Buy to checkout the KB folios w/ your iPad, just another suggestion if not already done. Hopefully, others w/ experience will 'chime-in' - good luck. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 12.10.40 PM.png

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
Try eBay, really! Many of the Amazon sellers also sell on eBay, a bit cheaper. I bought my smart case for $8, and it came in an Amazon mailer. If the keyboard doesn’t meet your needs, remember eBay is biased towards buyers, so you can return it, or complain. I’ve never gotten anything bad from there. So far, so good. :). L.

OP
K

Kevin_Barnes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, right.. me neither.. eBay is pretty good. but I need to buy something not so expensive and yet have good quality. So you suggesting that anything will be good?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I’ve seen/heard some good reviews for the newest Brydge keyboards. The one for the iPad Pro 11 is going for about $150 on Amazon if you are a Prime member.

However, while it attaches to the iPad, it is not a case, and it is Bluetooth, not the smart connector.

On the other hand, it has several special function keys that are not on the smart case: brightness, volume, and best of all a keyboard key that lets you bring up the touch keyboard even when the hardware keyboard is active. That can be handy.

I prefer the smart case on my iPad Pro 12.9 because it’s lighter and never needs charged, but admit to some envy when it comes to those extra keys.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
yeah, right.. me neither.. eBay is pretty good. but I need to buy something not so expensive and yet have good quality. So you suggesting that anything will be good?

Kevin - did you look at the review link in my post? If not, then highly suggested relative to your question above. Dave :)

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
C872B958-71F6-43D9-82B7-21A7DF9CD392.jpeg
Honestly, EVERYTHING I have ever ordered was nicer than it looked in the listing. I love my smart case / cover hybrid...$8.

Most reactions

Latest posts