What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a good note taking app for college class

Hollywood06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a history major so I take a lot of notes. I need a good app that I can use in classes. Im looking a upad. Has anyone used this app or is there a better app out there.

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hollywood06 said:
I'm a history major so I take a lot of notes. I need a good app that I can use in classes. Im looking a upad. Has anyone used this app or is there a better app out there.

I use istudious which is quite good.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use Notability because it will also allow me to record like a digital voice recorder.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
H

Hollywood06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you write notes in both of these? I forgot to mention I wanted one I could write notes with a stylus

phxflyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently got Penultimate. Pretty happy so far, although I haven't used it a ton.

phxflyboy

Sent from my iPad

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use both Noteshelf and penultimate for note taking. I like both equally. I use a boxwave stylus with them and it works well.

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
History means your notes will be mostly text based (i.e. no mathematical equations). So you may do fine with typed notes only.

For this, Notability will be fine where you can draw as well.

However, if you are looking for predominantly handwritten notes, then any of these will do fine. If you want you can add typed texts as well with most of these.

Upad
Notes Plus
Notetaker HD
Penultimate
Noteshelf

and others.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you write notes in both of these? I forgot to mention I wanted one I could write notes with a stylus

Notability supports insertion of handwritten material in your notes. But it's heavily biased toward keyboard entry. On the other hand, Notes Plus is fantastic for taking handwritten notes and allows keyboard entry. But there, the bias is in the opposite direction.

It's been many years since I was taking notes in class, but if I were an engineering or hard science student, I'd opt for Notes Plus. On the other hand, a history major may find that Notability is easier to use and still supports occasional handwritten entries.

Most reactions

Latest posts