What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need A Good Calorie Counter

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One of my goals is to get in shape this summer. I need a good app for counting calories. Any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I vote for MyNetDiary. It has an iPad version, and the easiest food/data entry method I've seen. But you do need to have internet when you are entering the foods. The database is kept online.

Brockly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I use and work me is my fineness pal.com. I loss 96 lbs in 7months and this app help me out a lot
It has a big library of foods and what calories are. The website great and the app is nice too. Try it you will like it a lot

Sent from my iPad2 baby !!!!

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also like My Fitness Pal. I've been using it on my android phone but wish they had an official iPad app. So far, there is just a iPhone app so I find it easier to just go to the website in safari.

Sent from my 32 GB wifi Ipad 2

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
denverpilot said:
Tap and Track

Great database of store bought foods, syncs w/ website, etc.

Does it allow you to add recipes? And how is it with non-packaged food items like meat and veggies? I am trying to decide between this and MyNetDiary since MyFitnessPal doesn't have an iPad app.

titams2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I vote for NetDiary as well, really awesome and useful!!!
and rely you question, "how is it with non-packaged food items like meat and veggies",
well, you have to weight the food you've taken, or there are some units can be chose, such as a cup, bowl...(but i dont think that is accurate)

Brockly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My fitness pal had all that and for some odd reason it don't you can add it. And you make something different and eat it alot you can add it and put it in the database so offer can use it. It's nice :)
I like it. If you have any questions about the program. Just ask me and I can walk you threw :)

[Sigpic][\Sigpic]

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brockly said:
My fitness pal had all that and for some odd reason it don't you can add it. And you make something different and eat it alot you can add it and put it in the database so offer can use it. It's nice :)
I like it. If you have any questions about the program. Just ask me and I can walk you threw :)

[\Sigpic]

I just wish MyFitnessPal had an iPad app.

txdave13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Livestrong app. Calorie counter, weight tracker, all the bells and whistles.

Only $2.99. If you have an account over at livestrong.com, it'll sync up between your iPad and computer. It's also an iPhone app, but I've got a crappy Blackberry through work.

Most reactions

Latest posts