What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a browser that supports a particular site...

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am looking for a browser that supports the site we use for our shipping - Materialogic.

Here is the information from their site about requirements:
Requirements:
Browser
INFOplus supports most common directly supports Microsoft©-based web browsers on a Microsoft© Windows-based platform, particularly IE 5.5 and IE 6.

INFOplus does not support Netscape or any Apple© Macintosh platforms.

So...any thoughts would be great! Thanks!

Reaction score
Considering the infoplus website does not work on any Macintosh platform based browsers, is it very unlikely there is a browser for the iPad that will open that website, there is just no chance of running Internet explorer natively on the iPad.

The only definite way of using that website would be to remotely connect to a windows computer and thus open the website on the remote computer.

An app, such as Jump Desktop will work with windows native RDP protocol, so there is no extra software on the host machine required.

Just a few further questions, does the website work on other browsers, such as firefox, or does it only work with the Internet explorer?

Last edited:
OP
j joy j

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's a no-go on firefox. I figured I would have to pull it remotely but was hoping there was a way around that so I thought I would pick some brains here to see. Thanks!

Reaction score
j joy j said:
It's a no-go on firefox. I figured I would have to pull it remotely but was hoping there was a way around that so I thought I would pick some brains here to see. Thanks!

If firefox doesn't work either, it means that the normal workaround of using the iswifter app to access unsupported apps does not work either.

So accessing windows remotely does seem to be the only option, as making the website compatible with other browsers is probably out of question.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Just tried site, get a warning on desktop chrome about incompatibility when I click on the infoplus signin.

Materialogic.com

Tried with atomic on the ipad (identifiying as IE6) and no warning, don't have a login to see if everything actually works tho.

james4133

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Terra browser, and it has a "identify as" setting that you can choose iPad mobile, mac v5, ie 6, and firefox 3.6

Setting it to ie 6, I don't get the warning when visiting materialogic.com either, though i cannot login to see if the site works/formatted correctly. Terra is a free browser as well, has tabs, passkey mode to boot.

Give it a try, I'm curious if the desktop emulation is accurate or not.

OP
j joy j

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the Terra browser, and it has a "identify as" setting that you can choose iPad mobile, mac v5, ie 6, and firefox 3.6

Setting it to ie 6, I don't get the warning when visiting materialogic.com either, though i cannot login to see if the site works/formatted correctly. Terra is a free browser as well, has tabs, passkey mode to boot.

Give it a try, I'm curious if the desktop emulation is accurate or not.

I gave Terra a try and it kinda worked and then kinda didn't. The side didn't give me a warning when I logged in but when I tried to access features - look up orders, enter orders, etc - I was unable to open that area. Would hate for Beyonce not to have her watches while she is on vaca! Thanks for the idea though. May be have to remote connect.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried atomic browser which can be "identified as" ie6, 7 or 8? Only costs .99c

Reaction score
I really doubt the browser identification is the issue here. If the website behaves in a non-standard way, which only IE knows to interpret, than there is just no chance of getting the website to work within an iPad browser.

It is not that the website doesn't let other browsers use it, but rather that browsers, other than IE don't know how to handle certain aspects of the website, which explains why you can go to the start page, but than browsing orders, etc. doesn't work from the iPad, or Firefox, etc.

Nothing against trying though :)

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
curious, as safari has not been mentioned, but using safari, the page loads, gives an error, but still shows the home screen, but can't try out the login part though

Most reactions

Latest posts