What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBC Videos not playing in Ipad

Wife Helper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought the Wife an Ipad for Xmas and I am her helper

She is trying to watch videos on NBC like the office shows, but it gets a message that it can not play on this device

any suggestions

thanks for help

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It probably says it can't play due to lack of flash? The iPad does not have flash so some videos may not play.

Does it state why it won't play on this device?

OP
W

Wife Helper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does not state flash, just says unalble to play on this device

OP
W

Wife Helper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It wil pull up show clips but not the full episopes

This is the message - Sorry, the content you are trying to access is not currently available on this device

Last edited:

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most likely means the iPad browser is reporting it's some version of a mobile device browser and NBC doesn't have the properly encoded version of that video to play on that specific browser.

Hopefully soon, they'll all update to html5 and this problem will disappear.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unlike ABC Network. NBC and CBS Have Not

'embraced' the iPad as another avenue to broadcast their programming. If you get the ABC Player and the ABC News apps, you'll find two beautifully developed apps that takes full advantage of the iPad's technology. NBC and CBS provides great news apps and sports apps. But they have not provided an app for viewing their programs.

However, there are two subscription paid apps that get around these restrictions: Netflix and Hulu. I like Netflix because you'll get commercial free TV programs and the traditional movie fare. The TV shows you'll get are past season shows not the current season. Hulu provides some current programs but they come with commercials albeit limited.

Jaeger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can get the Splashtop app. It links your iPad to your computer over wi-fi. I can watch flash videos with it. Couple of dollars I believe (it's been awhile).

There are others that can link over the Internet. Say, you're at a hotel with wifi service in another city, you can link to your computer at home and control it. Go to the hulu website and watch the office. Logmein, the one I'm thinking of, costs around 20 dollars. There may be others like it. Not sure.

But for around the house and yard (ever how large your wifi signal is) or free wifi, I recommend splashtop.

Note, I have Bose computer speakers that disables the internal computer speaker controls and I have to unplug them to get sound to come over to the iPad. So, if you have an aftermarket speakers (if your speaker icon on your desktop is crossed out) disable them by unplugging.

Note also, when the iPad is controlling the computer, somebody else can not use the computer - the iPad is in control.

Don't know if you have multiple screens on your desktop...

sbrooks33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you are using this app. does it mean that a 3 rd party server has access to your PC????

Puglvr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar problem with NBC. I hook up the HDMI adaptor to my iPad to view an NBC show via the NBC app. on my television. I CAN see the show on my iPad, but not on my television screen. Instead, I see this message on my TV "Airplay is currently not supported". I can watch CBS and ABC programs on my TV via my iPad. But I get the message above when I want to watch NBC programs. I just installed the latest NBC app. too!

Most reactions

Latest posts