What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA's Portland Trail Blazers use Apple's iPad to watch game film

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
20131125_ajl_sx3_355.0_standard_709.0.jpg

The Portland Trail Blazers basketball team has registered a 102-91 victory over the New York Knicks on Monday, and that’s when players from the Portland Trail Blazers team were seen using iPads on the bench to study in-game footage. The players are saying that this has helped carry the team to its eleventh consecutive win.

Paul Allen’s team owns the third-best record in the league and is currently riding an impressive 11-game winning streak and its seems that Apple’s iconic tablet is also playing a role in this ongoing success. Ben Golliver with BlazersEdge further details:

If you think you've seen the Blazers looking at iPads on the bench during games, your eyes are not deceiving you. Multiple members of the team are indeed viewing game tape on the bench, during games, with an eye towards strategic adjustments.

A quick survey of Portland's key players on this subject produced some interesting results. Lillard, Matthews, Batum and LaMarcus Aldridge all said that they are using iPads for help during games. Interestingly, they are pursuing individual approaches when it comes to what footage they want to watch, and they also have personal preferences about when and how they view the on-demand footage.

Portland Trail Blazers’ players explain how the iPad study helps them in their game:

It does [help] because you get to see it [again], and in the game everything happens so fast," Matthews, who finished with 17 points (on 6-for-14 shooting) and 6 rebounds, told Blazersedge. "You ask yourself, 'Did I rush it? I felt like I rushed it.' [The video can tell me] when I'm in that same situation -- off a flare screen, when Nic [Batum] passes over the top -- [if] I have more time to get the shot off or [if] I have to shoot it at that speed again. Or, could I have driven it?

If this iPad scouting method during basketball games will prove to be useful, then it might become the norm in the NBA over the next few years.

Source: Blazersedge

Most reactions