What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigon crashes with IPAD2

sky2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, wondering if you can help here, yesterday I installed Navigon into my ipad2 , the application appear for one second and then disappear and repeat doing that, but strange with my ipad1 works fine, my ipad2 jailbroken by comex, any help,

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the Hacking section, in case the problem is hacking related. Have you tried the usual power-off, power-on reset, though?

Tim

OP
S

sky2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I've moved this to the Hacking section, in case the problem is hacking related. Have you tried the usual power-off, power-on reset, though?

Tim

Hi Tim, thanks for your help, yes i powered off and on, but nothing happen,

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - well, it was worth a try...:(

I'm not a jail breaking guy, so I'll wait for Leigh or other jail breakers to come along.

Tim

dynax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did it work before you JB? All my of "expensive" apps work correct after I JBed my iPad2. Only one 0.99$ app doesn't work (open and close within a split second) after JB'ed. I don't even remember what that app was because I quickly deleted it. It's one of the purchases that I didn't care about.

I only bought one app from Cydia so far - folderlock - which I ended up not using.

OP
S

sky2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Dynax, thanks for support mate,

I didn't try it before, it's $99 apps, I got it after the jailbreak, but as you said, it pops on second and then disappear.

Same like the IGO apps, it's GPS and maps apps.

Thanks

WishBone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sky..

I've had the Navigon app since it first came out for the iPhone. I hadn't tried it since JBing but wanted to see if I had the same issues.

Nope.. Mine appears to be working fine on my iPad2. I am using the US version if that makes any difference.

OP
S

sky2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Wish, the apps keep crashing, I uninstalled and installed but no luck, it looks I have to see other apps for GPS,

Amerdk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hay guys, I am facing the same problem.

I followed below method after reading it from a blog,
I tried to install Link Identity Editor, and used SSH Terminal with the Loop back method for accessing my IPad 2 shell, and navigated to NAVIGON.app folder after checking its path from SBSettings from Cydia, under More-> App folders

then ran "ldid -s NAVIGON" command but nothing happened, it still crashes.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weird, navigon still works fine for me.

I hadn't tried it since jail breaking until I read this post, but I just tried it and it works just fine for me.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not jailbroken but Navigon North America is working well on an iPad 2 without a single crash. I've only been using it for a couple of days though.

Most reactions

Latest posts