1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Native apps-iPod and Video-"auto starting"

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Plaintom, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Plaintom

Plaintom iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've noticed a curious "problem" and I'm not sure if it's always been there only started since jail breaking. Whenever I respiring or reboot the device the iPod and video apps are running in the background...just like mail. It also seems that these two apps randomly "autostart". I do not start them and exit and they stay running, that I would understand. They just start automatically and I'd like to turn tha behavior off if possible. I use SBSettings and that's how vie noticed they are running-when looking at the processes.

Much thanks,

Plaintom
  2. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    all of apples apps run in the background
  3. Plaintom

Plaintom iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks but I undersrand the Apple apps CAN run in the background but the only ones I thought auto started were "mail" and "phone" (in the case of an iPhone). When I first got the iPad the ONLY app that auto started was "mail" no other Apple app started upon a respiring or reboot. Now the iPad is jail broken and I do install many Cydia apps. I' just wondering which may have caused this behavior.

I AM running the latest vision of "backgrounder" with the default options for: mail, safari, iPod and videos.